Train: District 1/District 2

(Sorry for the long delay. For those of you that don't know, I've been out of the country for a week and I'm just getting to my stories now to update them.

Just to make it clear, each district still has its own train, I'm just combining the chapters. The District 1 tributes and the District 2 tributes are not on the same train. It will be the same way for each of the next five chapters as well.)

~District 1~

(Rocco Balla's POV)

I study Greyson and Julian from across the train car. Julian occasionally glances apprehensively in my direction, but got the most part he and his brother ignore us. Greyson is in a deep conversation with one of the mentors. I told them I didn't need their moronic advice, and Han literally growled at them when they tried approaching him. I think we won't have to worry about them.

Han doesn't plan with staying with me long. Just until we can take out the Career pack. Then, we part ways so we don't have to interfere in each other's killing sprees.

If I run across him, I'll stab him in the back. I don't know if I could bear to kill him in an outright fight. But the thing is, I know he has no such qualms. All aspects of a human personality in him got beaten to dust last year when we watched our sister Maiya, his twin, die a gruesome death in the grand finale of the Games. The winner, the girl from District 2, beat her to death with a brick. And Han wouldn't look away from the screen. It did something to him; he hasn't been quite right on the head since. He's still funny, and not quite sadistic enough for the trainers to call in a psychiatrist (yes, believe it or not, District 1 trainers know the line between insane and Career-worthy). He's a delusional psycho, though. I have to lock my door at night or he will come in with a knife, sleep-walking, and try to kill me.

It's not that Maiya's death didn't affect me. It did. It just didn't turn me into a serial killer. I'm colder, more willing to kill, yes, but not like Han. I can still see reason. I won't tori tyre my victims, or stretch out their deaths just for the fun of it. I'm still human.

~~~~

(Han Balla's POV)

Whenever Julian glances at me, I glare at him. Or smile creepily. I imagine slowly sliding a knife blade across his throat, hearing his screams turn into gurgles as he chokes on his own blood, and I can't stop a smile from spreading across my face. He seems a bit shaken, which makes it even better. Scaring people is amazing.

The escort, a crazy woman with heels so thin I could use them as a blade, tells us we should probably get some rest, as we won't reach the Capitol until tomorrow. I slowly walk over to the table and grab a knife, then walk towards the door. I always sleep with a knife.

"Lock your doors tonight," Rocco says casually. I turn back before passing through the door to see Julian's frightened eyes locked in mine. I point the knife towards him then slip through the door to the passageway.

~~~~

(Greyson Carter's POV)

"It doesn't matter if you're afraid," I say. "Don't let him know. It's a sign of weakness."

Julian and I are sitting on his bed. He's really scared of that stupid little boy, Han. He shakes his head. "But...he's like...there's something not right about him."

"It won't be the first time there's been a lunatic in the Games." A few years back, there was a girl named Crystie from our district who was completely insane. About halfway through the Games she started going crazy, and started acting like a wild animal. She died by an "accidental" flood that was obviously not an accident. That's not the kind of victor the Capitol wants.