Train: District 11/District 12

I'm sorry this update took so long! I've been so obsessed with finishing my fanfic Star of Gryffindor that I've let everything else slide, and I really apologize for that because you deserve better.

~~~~

~District 11~

(Zoe Alonzo's POV)

I keep glancing at Eve from across the train. I don't know if she's ignoring me on purpose, or if she's just upset, but either way, I don't like it. She's grown so distant over the last year. It's scaring me. I try to act like nothing's changed, but it's hard.

Of course, now everything's changed. We can't both make it out of these Games alive. I want Eve to live. I think she wants that too.

Which is also scary.

Glade and Bella, the other tributes, retreated to another part of the car immediately. I don't know that I'll even try to befriend them. It'll be hard enough convincing Eve to be my ally.

The silence is killing me. I hate quiet. At home, I'm always talking and laughing and making people happy. I clear my throat.

Eve doesn't move.

I try it again, and say, "So..."

She still doesn't move.

"Eve, are you okay?" I ask.

She remains motionless.

I get up from my seat and round the table. Dropping to my knees on the floor next to her, I say, "Eve?"

Finally, she looks at me. It's a glare, but at least it's something. "No, Zoe, I am not 'okay.' We just got Reaped. I am nowhere near 'okay.'"

I look down. "It...it'll be ok..."

"Will it? Only one person is coming out of this, Zo, and the odds that it'll be one of us are incredibly small."

I smile in relief. "So we can at least stuck together?"

She shrugs. "Why not? Maybe we'll live for that much longer."

It's not the reason I was hoping for, but it'll work. I smile and stand up, returning to my seat.

We return to an uncomfortable silence, but less uncomfortable now that I know we're at least on the same team. At least we'll be together.

Die together...

Don't think like that, Zoe!

~~~~

(Bella Rose's POV)

I can't stop admiring the ring on my hand. Yes, it's small, and simple, but it couldn't be more perfect.

Glade smiles at me from across the car. "You'll have a nice life with Marcus, Bella."

I smile sadly. "I suppose so. I don't want you to die, Glade..." But I know he wants to. He wants to be with Brilyn.

He shrugs. "Let's not think about that, okay?" I nod in agreement.

After a minute, I drift off into daydreaming. I see Marcus and myself, at our wedding. Then walking into a house in the Victor's Village. Then with two children. I already know what they'll be named, even.

Glade and Brilyn.

~~~~

~District 12~

(Trey Petroski's POV)

I don't know what's come over Jared today, but I can't say I don't like it. Normally, he's mean and cold. But ever since this morning, he's been acting like a normal brother.

Maybe it's the Reaping. I mean, if there's ever a time to make things right, it's when you get thrust into a death match with your brother.

Jared is going to make it, of course, if I have anything to say about it.

Those two girls, the ones who caused such an uproar because they're stepsisters, ran off to a different compartment as soon as we'd boarded the train. The younger one creeped me out, honestly. It took three peacekeepers to drag her into the train. She only calmed down once they'd let her go, and threatened to drug her if she caused any trouble.

Jared and I are watching the recap of the Reapings. Normally, we comment on the tributes, make jokes about some of the crazy names of the escorts, and try not to remember that these kids are being sent to their deaths.

Now, of course, we're two of those doomed kids.

I'm making a valiant effort to pretend like everything's normal. I'm making fun of the escorts of every district, and it's making Jared laugh, so it's helping. However, I'm also trying to spot possible alliances. I'm strong, but it takes more than strength in these Games. You need strategy, and numbers.

I think we'd have the best chance with Edison Watt from District 7, or the Altons from 8. When I ask Jared what he thinks, he nods, then shrugs.

~~~~

(Rose Cartwright's POV)

I can't believe we got Reaped. Ivy isn't my sister! We aren't related! I never even wanted her to be my stepsister!

Ivy looks resigned to the fact she's going to die, which is just fine with me. No way am I going to that stupid "No I'm going to save you" thing. The only person I'm saving is myself. Besides, it's Ivy's fault I'm in this mess. If she hadn't been there, I wouldn't have even been eligible this year.

I can feel myself getting more angry. I know I have anger issues. And part of me knows I should at least try to suppress them, because I could hurt someone. But I don't care right now.

"This is all your fault," I mutter.

Ivy looks up, eyes wide. "Rose..."

"It is!" I shout. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you!"

Ivy is trembling now. "Rose, listen, just calm down, okay? Calm d-"

"NO!"

~~~~

(Ivy Cartwright's POV)

Rose stands up, and I do too. This isn't going to be good... I start backing away. Of course the door has to be past Rose.

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST DISAPPEAR?" she shouts, slowly walking towards me.

This has happened a lot. She's going to try to hit me and kick me. Luckily she's not holding a knife. Once, she was, and Dad had to knock her out.

I shrink back against the wall as she comes closer, still yelling. My arms fly up to shield my face.

But the blows never come. I realize her yelling has turned to curse words flung at the two peacekeepers who have grabbed her arms. They drag her back as another one quickly helps me to my feet and ushers me out of the room.

~~~~

So, now that this has been published, I have a schedule now. This book will be updated every other weekend. I'll try to stick to that, but I don't know how well that'll work.

Anyway, what do you think of the D11 tributes? It's the district of twins!

Zoe and Eve? Think they'll fix their relationship ever?

How about Glade and Bella? Think Bella will make it home? Or am I just too evil to allow that? *evil laughter*

How about District 12?

Think Trey and Jared stand a chance?

Now, onto the psychopath of the hour, Rose Cartwright. What do you think of her and Ivy?

Ok ok my questions get annoying but they're just there to get your brains moving, because I need feedback!

Vote and comment!

~Ellie