Chapter 1 - new car

Waking up in a new place, Randy's place, felt pretty normal for Ray Mond now since she has keys to most of the boys' apartments. She went outside to see Curtis and Taco chilling near the entrance.

"Yo yo Rachel! I see you moved in with Randy like I told you last time." Taco teased Ray as Curtis' eyes widened. "You sleeping with Randy now, Ray?!" Curtis exclaimed with a hint of surprise and tease in his voice.

Another day, another whole lot of bullshit to deal with. She thought sarcastically in her head. It has always been like that for Ray Mond ever since she moved into the city, specifically when she moved in the cubby. The boys always messing with her customers when she tries to sell weed, her unexpected crazy adventures with her gorl, her and Randy bickering over small things.

"Wow, that's the first thing you say when I wake up huh?" Ray jokingly asked pretending to be disappointed. "And Randy and I aren't sleeping together. He and I just made a deal that I would give him keys to my car and I get keys to everything. Besides he lets me sleep on the floor." She added.

She ignored the boys continuously teasing her because she was excited about her new car, the Acura NSX. The matte black with pearlescent diamond blue on it just makes her in awe every time she takes it out of the garage.

"Sheeesh! Is this your new car Ray? It's pretty sick! Is this fully upgraded or what?" Curtis exclaimed.

"Yeah! Pretty cool right? I had it upgraded a few nights ago at the Tuner Shop. It's gonna be my first time taking it out for an actual spin and I'm planning to make a race later. Wanna join me?" Ray said excitedly. It has been a while since she's raced because so much drama, grinding for money, and the 'supposed' 2-month run-away from the cops just to avoid prison.

"Yeah, we're down. We'll just do a meth run with some of the boys and we'll link up with you right after." Taco said after checking his phone.

"Okay okay, I'll just do some errands then I'll set it up. Hit me up when you're done, okay?" She was about to turn the car on but Curtis called her.

"Do you have a radio on you? We're at 39.5, we'll radio you when we're done with the run." Curtis informed her.

"Okay, thanks! See you boys later!" Ray zoomed out of the cubby to get food at Maldini's. She grabbed two Bullet pizza and water after entering.

"Well well well, look who's awake right now?" She heard a very familiar voice come out of the kitchen.

"Lorenzo Lorenzo! It's finally nice to see you! And what do you mean by who's finally awake! I've been awake for the past few days, you're the one who hasn't been awake in decades!" She ran to him giving him bear hug.

"Hnggg! I'll forgive you one last time for calling me Lorenzo Lorenzo." He said smiling, hugging her back. "How have you been? Do you still race?"

"Yeah! I sold my G-Wagon a few weeks ago and now I got a new one. Let me show it to you!" She dragged him outside to show her new baby.

"Holy shit! This is really cool! It looks better than the Supra that you were using at races." Lorenzo cannot take his eyes off the car.

"It's really beautiful. I am setting up a race today by the way. Maybe you want to join, I'll let you know, okay?"

"Ohh, I want to but I'm broke broke right now and I need money." He said sheepishly.

"Wait, you're broke broke? Still?! Last time we talked, you were broke." She said.

"Look I just don't know why I always am broke when I grind literally like every day in this city!" He exclaimed.

"Well if you want to grind, hit me up and maybe I can help you with that! Anyways, I'll see you around, Lorenzo Lorenzo!" She said as she gets in the car. Lorenzo just waved goodbye as the car disappeared in the distance.