Chapter 4 - late night date and business talk

A loud phone call alert echoed in the white room. Ray looked at the clock beside her phone. 2:38 AM. I am going to kill whoever is calling me right now. She grabs her phone without checking the caller ID. "Hello?" She asked in a sleepy yet annoyed voice.

"Ray, are you all right? Sorry, did I wake you up?" He said softly.

Ray got up from lying down after she heard whose voice it was. "Raymond! N-no I was just in bed."

She fixes her posture before continuing. "What made you call me in the middle of the night?" She bit her thumb being nervous.

"I just wanted to check up on you since you weren't looking good yesterday." His voice was enlaced in worry.

He called me in the middle of the night just to ask me that? That's so weird but sweet of him. "I'm all good Ray. I feel better after sleeping even with a few hours of sleep." She laughed, replying. "Are you doing something right now? Calling me in the middle of the night is very unusual for someone to do."

Raymond's breath hitched. "Well, you caught me." Ray laughed. "Well, I am in a race right now. I was wondering if you would wan---"

Before Raymond could continue speaking, Ray cut him off as she perked up and immediately went to the bathroom. "Yeah, I'm down! Come down to the cubby! I'll meet you here!" She hung up and took a shower. She wore a cropped sage green hoodie, black leggings, and white sneakers. She had her hair up in a messy bun, leaving some strands of hair in front. She wore a watch, sunflower stud earrings, and her Chang Gang chain as accessories.

She took a quick look at herself in front of the mirror. I look cute in these clothes. She smiled in satisfaction.

She quickly grabbed a bandana for mask, her phone, and wallet then ran outside to the living room where Novah and Jaylen were just chilling. The siblings looked over Ray.

"Where are you going looking like that, little one? You're all excited to go out." Novah smirked.

"I'm just going out to race. Raymond Romanov invited me." She smiled at her.

Jaylen got up. "Do you want me to join you?" Asking all worried.

She shook her head. "I'll be fine, Jay. He and I are just friends now so you don't have to worry about that."

"Yeah, don't be so worried about it Jaylen. Ray can handle him easily." Novah glared at Jaylen and winked at Ray.

"Thanks Novah." She whispered.

Novah got up and hugged Ray. "No worries! Just don't forget that you, Vinny, and Flippy are having a business meeting later. I'll also be cooking up some Bolognese with meatballs for dinner."

Ray's eyes sparkled and got giddy. "I'll see you later!"

She left the apartment and went outside the cubby gate. Ray opened her phone and check if she had any new messages. She messaged April as she followed Mari who was on a vacation outside of the city.

april

Hey gorl! Leaving a message to update you on some stuffs. I know now how to gather some materials! Max and I were bonding while we did jobs and collected a bunch. I also met up with Kitty! I told her that we should definitely make some 'sessions' with the crew because she just got her car. I also hung out with Eric which was really cool. He said he would help me with my business soon and he helped me out picking new clothes. He also said that the three of us should hang out soon. I also just got some 'Gatorade' for my car and you would not believe what I found out that day! Would you believe me if I told you that Raymond Romanov has a younger brother who was as flirty as him? I will tell you clearer details when you get back! I miss you a lot my gorl! Can't wait to see you again!