8- how to catch a liar

When Jimin asked his dad if he can help him cook, his dad was surprised but excited. The older man loved cooking but because he works a lot, he doesn't have the time to cook to his heart's content. And tonight was no exception, he had to turn in a document to his boss tomorrow but when Jimin approached him and asked for his help, he decided that work can wait.

Jimin didn't tell him that he was planning on cooking for Yoongi. He knew his father would freak out and ask too many questions and plan their wedding. So he lied and said he wanted to pack his lunch for tomorrow. Which is technically a half lie, but whatever.

The thing is, Jimin doesn't know what Yoongi likes. Was he a fan or salty foods or spicy? Sweet? Savory? He doesn't know. He would stick with basic ramen with sliced beef and a boiled egg but the noodles might get cold and soggy by time he gets to school.

"What are you in the mood for?" His father asks him as he looks through the fridge for ingredients. Jimin is on his phone searching for recipes at the kitchen island. Annnd maybe he's also researching about alphas' appetites as well.

His mother didn't really like spices, contrary to he and his dad who loved it. She was strange for an alpha, honestly. Maybe it was because she married an omega man, but she wasn't stereotypical like all the other alphas. She was a sweetheart. And she was so nice. And there were no gender roles in their house, meaning that somedays she'd stay home and watch him and other days his dad would, or they'd both cook and clean. His mother wasn't the best at cooking like his dad, but she could bake really well and that's all that mattered to Jimin growing up.

But he has no clue what an alpha's appetite is. He wants to assume that all alphas eat meaty and high protein foods but that doesn't really seem like Yoongi. Based on the lunch Yoongi gave him, he has a pretty basic appetite of vegetables, grains and proteins. He eats healthy.

"I don't know what to make," he sighs in frustration.

His dad stands straight, pulling a few ingredients from the refrigerator and closing it. "Let's make bibimbap them. It's easy and it doesn't take long to make."

He wonders if Yoongi would like bibimbap. It's worth a try. God, why is cooking for an alpha so difficult? Why is he even cooking for him in the first place? He runs a hand through his hair, frowning at the table.

"Sure," he mumbles.

In the morning, he heated the lunch up and placed it into Yoongi's insulated lunchbox. The rice was sticky and perfect, as well as the chopped veggies and chicken. He's proud to say he did most of the work, his dad only cooked the chicken. Meanwhile he sliced the vegetables, made the rice, and even boiled an egg and sliced it as well. He added chopsticks to the lunch box and even a choco marshmallow snack. Maybe he was doing a bit too much for an alpha he barely knows but the whole thing was sort of therapeutic to him. He didn't know how much he liked cooking.

Now that he was actually going to give it to him, he's nervous. What if Yoongi doesn't like it? Part of him doesn't care, though. If the alpha doesn't like it, he'll force it down his throat because he spent too much energy on it. No. He should be nice to Yoongi. Yoongi's only ever been nice to him.

Jimin wore a black hoodie and black jeans. He doesn't feel like putting much effort into his look today, not like her ever does anyway. His hair is tangled and needs to be trimmed but he doesn't care too much about it. If he could hide under a hat for the rest of his life, he would.

The walk to school wasn't as draining as it usually is. It was still damp outside from raining late at night but the sun was out and the animals were too. Jimin liked when he could hear the birds chirping and not the sounds of the bustling city. It's one thing he missed about living in Busan. There wasn't too much city life and the beaches were always nearby.