24- how to not be delusional

Unedited

When they step back into the living room, they're met with a low, threatening growl from the oldest alpha. Yoongi glares at Jeongguk as he approaches them slowly. Jimin is asleep on the floor, resting his head on the alpha's thighs with Yoongi's hands in his hair. He grumbles and shifts due to the sudden noise of the alpha above him. Namjoon and Seokjin suddenly become alert after hearing the alpha growl.

"Guys, I-I'm so sorry." Jeongguk spills out as soon as he steps into the room. "I didn't mean to hurt anyone, I promise. I didn't know that I-I'd be an alpha. I-I only wanted to scent him, I promise! I c-couldn't control it, his scent was so strong-"

Jeongguk is cut off by Seokjin suddenly standing up and embracing him in a tight hug. The boy sniffles and immediately hugs him back, tucking his face in his neck and inhaling his scent.

"Hyung, I'm so sorry," he whimpers. "I-I was supposed to be an omega."

"No." Seokjin states sternly. He pulls away but holds Jeongguk close by his shoulders. "You're who you're supposed to be. And I still love you no mantter what, okay? We all accept you. I was just...scared. Sometimes, alphas are unpredictable but I know that you wouldn't intentionally hurt anyone. You proved it."

Jeongguk's lip wobbles. He takes a deep breath to calm himself down. "I-I feel a lot and I can sense a lot. E-everything is too overwhelming and I hate it. I-I feel like everyone hates me now."

"That's not true," Hoseok speaks up. He frowns deeply seeing Jeongguk's hurt expression. "Like Jin said, we were scared. But we know you, Jeongguk. And it doesn't matter what your sub gender is, you'll still by my baby Kookie."

Jeongguk sniffs and wipes at his eyes. He's really trying to stop crying but he can't. He's filled with so many new emotions. "I-I just don't want our friendship to change."

"Unfortunately, some things will change." seokjin explains gently. "But that's okay because some things are meant to change. And you're growing and maturing. Now that you presented, people will see you differently. Not in a bad way but...some things you can't do anymore, if that makes sense?"

"Like scenting Seokjin." Namjoon finally says something. He stands up and walks over to them. Jeongguk steps back, feeling threatened by the dominance radiating off the alpha.

"I-I...but...we always scent each other and you don't mind." Jeongguk says quietly, feeling very hurt at hearing that he could no longer scent his favorite hyung. They've scented eaxh other since they first met years ago. To suddenly stop just hurts him deeply. His favorite things to do were cuddling with Hoseok and Seokjin and scenting each other, even though back rhem, his scent was neutral.

Seokjin suddenly steps closer to him. He leans in and sniffs at Jeongguk's jaw that smells faintly of Jimin and Taehyung. His alpha scent is fresh and strong, and it makes Seokjin a bit sad because he knows that Namjoon's alpha probably can't handle the smell of another alpha on his mate. He loved scenting him just as much as Jeongguk.

"You smell...fresh." He says, stepping back upon feeling his mate's presence behind him. "I like your new scent. Honestly, I think it fits you."

Jeongguk stares down at the floor, feeling disgusted with himself. He doesn't like his new scent at all. And he fears that when his dad comes home, he'll be disappointed that he has an alpha for a son and not an omega like his wife was. And Jimin's dad would probably ban them from seeing each other again. Jeongguk can't live with that thought. He's become close to Jimin and wants them to remain friends. But if he truly scared Jimin into hating him then he'd throw himself off of a moving train. He really cares about Jimin. He hopes that he didn't hurt him too bad.