The Message

(Y/N) POV:

"(Y/N)! Restock the fridges!" I heard my mom call from behind the counter.

"Okay." I say back returning from the storeroom. I've been stuck helping in the store since I can remember. I wanted to be a huntsman for years. My sister Sarah is enrolled in Beacon and my parents need help in the store so I can't leave. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of her and love her more than anything. she's always been there for me and I couldn't be happier knowing shes pursuing her dream.

*Flashback 1yr*

Me and Sarah were sitting in my room after she got home from combat school and I finished up in the store.

"Why would I leave you to be stuck here? It's your dream to be a huntsman, (Y/N)." Sarah said when I told her to enroll in Beacon.

"Three reasons. One, I'm not letting you give up your dream of being a huntress for me. Two, do you really think Mom and Dad would ever let me go to Beacon? And three, you're a year older than me and are already 16."

"I know, I just feel bad about leaving you with them. I won't be able to help you anymore." She was sad while saying this and I hate knowing that it's my fault.

"I'll be fine. I know that you're doing what you've always wanted to do. It'll help knowing you're out there helping people the way you helped me." I gave her my best smile. I could see she saw right through it but decided I wasn't going to give in.

"Okay, but only cause you want me to."

"Good."

*Flashback end*

"Oh, hello girls, what can I get for you?" I heard mom say while I was placing bottles of juice in the rows of the fridge I was in front of. I looked over and saw four girls, they had weapons.

(Must be huntresses in training.) I thought as I tried to stay hidden while completing my tasks. My parents don't like my presence to interrupt the customers shopping so I stay hidden when there are any.

"We're here for the (L/N)s, we're from Beacon and Professor Ozpin needs to speak with the family." The one in black explained to my mother.

(Did something happen to Sarah? Why does the headmaster need to see us?)

"Let me get my husband then." mom said as she turned around and left to get father.

After she was out of the room the blonde one spoke up. "I thought Sarah said she had a brother?"

"As did I." Agreed the one in white.

All of a sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped back. Tripping over the stack of drinks and toppling a chip stand on top of me.

"Ow" I said rubbing my head where the stand hit me.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!"

Just then my parents came in to the room as the other three started this way. I was scared, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't speak or move and the look on my dad's face was of pure disappointment.

"(Y/N), what did you do!?" He yelled at me.

"I can't believe you would do this. We have visitors. What did we tell you to do when people are here?" My mom asked with an angry expression.

"Disappear..." I replied in a low tone.

"It's not his fault. I accidentally snuck up on him while he was putting stuff in the fridge." The red one said apologetically. She extended her hand to me and smiled warmly. I was shocked, no-one had stood up for me besides Sarah and I don't even know this girl's name. I took her hand and thanked her quietly.

"Sorry again, my name is Ruby. You must be (Y/N)."

"Yeah"

"Well if that's everyone we should get going, Ozpin said it was urgent and to bring the whole family." The one in black said to my parents. It was cold, like she knew they were going to try and leave me here.

"Fine then. (Y/N), you'll clean this up when we get back." My father commanded.

"Yes, sir" I replied as we were walking to the door.

We all went into the bullhead to head to Beacon. I sat away from everyone so I wouldn't have to speak to anyone. I don't like talking, I never know what to say. That's why when I do talk I say as little as possible to say what I need to say. I'm worried though, I want to know what's going on with Sarah. It wouldn't be urgent if she was okay. I decided to swallow my anxiety and ask Ruby, she's the only one I know the name of and I hate asking people's names. I walked over to where she was sitting while looking down.

"Ruby?" I asked quietly, I hope my parents don't get upset by me talking to her.

"Yeah, (Y/N)?"

"Do you know what's going on with Sarah?"

"I-" She started but was cut off by my mother.

"Why would something be wrong with Sarah?" She said as she looked away from me, we could see the four with their heads turned away. "What's happened to my baby?!"

"It's best if we let Ozpin tell you whats going on." The one in yellow said before Ruby could say what she was going to.

After that, the ride to Beacon was silent except for the bullhead's engines. I went back to sitting by myself, away from everyone. When we arrived at Beacon, the girls led us to a big tower and we all got on an elevator. No one wanted to be the first to say anything, so we went up in silence. When the elevator doors opened the girls went through first and after my parents and I entered the office we could see a tall blonde woman wearing glasses and a short cape holding a riding crop. As well as Professor Ozpin himself behind his desk holding a mug.

"Ah Mr. and Mrs. (L/N). As well as young Mr. (Y/N). Thank you all for coming on such short notice."

"Of course, Professor. These students said it was urgent." My father told him. I stood back just listening to the conversation. I could feel the eyes of the girls on me while we stood on opposite sides of my parents.

"Yes, thank you team RWBY. I'd like you to stay here for a moment, please"

"Of course, Professor." Ruby replied.

"Now, as I'm sure you would like to know why I asked you here. Your daughter's team was recently sent on a mission that was supposed to end four days ago." he said.

"It' been four days and you're just now telling us?!?" My mother shouted at him.

"We received a message from Sarah and believed her and her team to be safe. However, it has been two days since then and we are getting worried. We would appreciate you all listening to the message to see if you hear anything that would help us locate them." He pulled his scroll out and got ready to play the message, looking at us. my father nodded at him.

He presses play and I heard Sarah's voice. "Hey Oz, sorry it's taking us a while to return to base." My eyes went wide. "Just taking longer than expected to deal with these baddies." I started breathing heavily. "we may need a few more days to finish up the job. Let my parents and (Y/N) know I love them. Oh, and let (Y/N) know to not worry, his pearl is safe." The message ended and I was internally freaking out. That message was for me. She's in trouble.