The Apology

(Y/N) POV:

"Don't worry about the Ice Queen, (Y/N)." Yang told me as we were walking away from the dorm. I stayed silent as we went. How could I not worry? Just me being here is a problem. I said I wouldn't be a burden and here I am imposing on these girls. If it wasn't for the fact that I didn't want the others to worry I would leave. "(Y/N)?" She said looking at me.

"Hmm?" I said turning to her.

"Are you okay? She really got to you didn't she?" She asked worriedly. I just looked back at the floor as we walked to the balcony down the hall. "Listen." I looked at her. "She doesn't hate you, and she doesn't want you gone. She was just surprised. And probably worried about a boy in the dorm with us. But hey I don't mind~" She said with a smirk.

"Thanks, Yang. If she doesn't mind me being here, why did she ignore me?" I asked. I don't know why her tone changed like that but it felt nice knowing someone doesn't mind me being here.

"Just give her some time to get used to it, (Y/N). It's a lot to take in. She's more of a plan it out person while me and Ruby tend to go with the flow."

"Okay, what about Blake?" I asked remembering how she didn't say anything.

"What about her?"

"She didn't say anything and I can't get a feeling for what she was thinking. Not that I can get a feeling for what anyone is thinking. I don't have a lot of experience having friends or people around me."

"That's just Blake being Blake. She doesn't say much, but I don't think she minds having you there. She told me how you had her back in the warehouse the other day and I know she sees you as a friend."

"Thanks, Yang."

"Anytime, Hot stuff~" Uhhhhh...... (mind.exe has stopped working) I felt a poke to my cheek.

"Huh?"

She started laughing. "You should've seen your face! Hahaha...." She stopped finally. "Sorry (Y/N), I couldn't help it." I chuckled at her antics. "Anyway, Ruby messaged me. We should head back, your bed got delivered.

"You go ahead, I'll be back in a bit."

"You sure?" I nodded at her. "Okay, call us if you need anything."

"I will." she walked away and I stood at the edge of the balcony leaning on the railing. Is that really all she was thinking? I have to find a way to change her mind. Prove I'm worth being a friend to.

*Timeskip to nighttime*

"(Y/N)?" I turned around and saw a blonde boy I'd never met before standing there. I saw three others standing behind him. A redhead with green eyes,  a dude with black hair and a magenta streak in it, and a very energetic girl in pink beside him.

"Can I help you?" I asked worried about where this was going. I pulled my scroll out ready to call Yang if anything was going to happen. I wasn't back up to being able to fight yet.

"Oh, that's right. You were out when we got to the warehouse. I'm Jaune, and this is my team. Pyrrha, Ren, and Nora." He said pointing at them in order. "We make up team JNPR."

That's right. Ruby said she called him for backup looking for my sister. "Oh, I'm (Y/N)." He looked at me with a strange look. "You already knew that." I said dejectedly. "Sorry."

"Don't be, Ruby told us you were joining Beacon. Glad to have you."

"Thanks." I said. "And thank for helping my sister and her team."

"Don't mention it. Sarah has always been nice to us. It was nice to return the favor." Pyrrha said. I nodded at her.

"Well, thanks anyway. It means a lot." They all smiled at me.

"What are you doing out here so late?" Ren asked.

"Getting some air. It isn't that late is it?" I looked at my scroll and gasped, I had 10 missed calls from Ruby. Oh no.

"Ruby asked us to look for you. Did you really not notice the time?"

"No, sorry to bother you all, I should head back. Sorry." I said as I speed walked away back to the dorm. As I approached I heard someone angrily speaking. Great. I messed up more than I thought.

"Good job Weiss! You scared him off!" I heard from outside the door. She's getting yelled at because of me. As bad as I feel, that made it worse. I gently pushed open the door and they slowly turned towards me staring at me. Blake was on her bed, Yang was standing there with her arms crossed looking at Weiss, I didn't see Ruby, and Weiss was standing defensively across from Yang.

"It's not her fault." I said looking down, I felt bad that she got yelled at because of me. "I-oof" I was tackled to the ground in a blur of rose pedals. I covered my face after we landed, waiting for the smack.

"(Y/N)! We were so worried about you!" I looked up and saw Ruby hugging me.

"Ruby! He hasn't recovered yet!" I heard Weiss say to her as Yang pulled her off of me. She then helped me up and I held my side. Ruby gasped.

"(Y/N)! I'm so sorry! I don't know what I was thinking! I was just so worried about you! We all were." She said apologetically.

"It's okay." I just realized that Weiss was steadying me and I had my hand on her shoulder. I quickly shifter to hold myself up. "Sorry." I said to her.

"Just making sure you're alright." She said smiling at me. Maybe Yang was right. "Uumm, (Y/N)?"

"Yeah?" I asked. She was looking down.

"C-Can we talk?"

"S-Sure." I said confused. We headed out of the door, and back towards the balcony. "What's wrong?" I asked. I might not know a lot about social stuff but I could tell she was worried about something.

"I just want you to know that I don't hate you." She said. "I'm sorry i made you feel unwelcome. Ruby and Blake talked to me earlier. I didn't realize what I said could hurt you. I was just surprised." She finished as we made it to the balcony. We stayed there for a moment while I was trying to think of what to say.

"You shouldn't be sorry for hurting me." I told her

"What do you mean?" She was clearly confused.

"You didn't hurt me." She looked at me quizzically. I decided that no matter how scared I was, I should explain it to her. "I thought I was being a burden to you all. I was scared that I would become a problem for you and that's the last thing I want. I've spent my life being a burden to everyone but Sarah. I thought, 'Here I go again, causing more problems for everyone around me.' I finally had people willing to be my friends and I thought I took me all of one week to ruin it." She looked shocked. I looked away to make it easier to speak. "In short, I was worried about you." I finished. I could feel the tears starting down my cheeks. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. My eyes went wide as I looked down at Weiss holding me and I finally broke. I couldn't hold back the tears any more. Everything that happened since they came to the store just hit me all at once.

"It's okay, (Y/N). You aren't a burden to us. We're here for you." She said holding me as we sat down on the bench. After a few minutes I was able to calm down and sit up.

"Thanks, Weiss, and sorry for breaking down like that. I couldn't hold it in anymore." She smiled at me. What was I feeling?

"It's okay. You don't have to if you don't want to." Her ice blue eyes shone looking at me. "Let's head back. It's late and you have your first day of classes tomorrow." She said standing up.

"I forgot about that." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "What are classes like?" She chuckled as we walked back.

"You'll see tomorrow."