The Hunt Begins

(Y/N) POV:

"I don't hear anythi-" My father started.

"You should've gotten us sooner!" I screamed at Ozpin, tears streaming down my face.

My father grabbed me by the back of my neck and screamed at me. "What the hell is wrong with you!?! Don't you ever Inter-!" He couldn't finish. I had elbowed him in the nose and knocked him back. I don't care what they do to me now. Sarah is in trouble.

"What the hell?!" My mother asked. I ran to the desk. Well I tried to, I was suddenly held back by a purple force field.

"Young man, we are also worried about Sarah, we need you to explain what you heard in that message." Ozpin said as I looked over and saw the older blonde lady holding her riding crop pointed at me.

"What he will be explaining is why hen hit his father. there was nothing on that message that sounded bad." My father interjected.

"That's because it wasn't for you! Let me go!" I screamed, all the anxiety I felt was gone now. I only cared about saving Sarah.

"That's ridiculous. We're leaving (Y/N)!"

"Mr. (L/N), I would appreciate it if you and your wife waited at the bullhead for your son. We need to speak to him."

"Fine. (Y/N), We'll discuss your punishment later. Let's go Alice." My father said as he and my mother entered the elevator. After the doors close, Ozpin turns to the lady holding me back.

"Glynda you may release him now." She drops the force field. "Now (Y/N), please explain what you heard."

"She's in trouble and is trying to tell me that." I said dejectedly.

"How can we be sure? not even your parents felt she was in any danger."

"The message was for me. Growing up, my parents treated me more like free labor than a son. I was taught that any and all complaining would be met with more punishment, more screaming and yelling. She was the only one there for me. I wasn't allowed friends or to go to school. I had to help in the store and that's it. There were days when it was really bad and I needed someone to talk to. So she had the Idea of code words. words to let each other know that we were safe, in trouble, or in danger. We only used them in front of our parents so they wouldn't get suspicious of me complaining. The words she used in the message told me that she's in trouble and can't get out of it."

Everyone's eyes went wide, there was a stunned silence in the air until Ozpin finally broke it, "Did she tell you where she was?"

"I think she's in vale. She wouldn't be telling me unless she knew I could find her soon. She's gotta be close."

"Alright, team RWBY, gather teams JNPR and CFVY. Scour Vale until you locate team SKRR (Scar)." The girls nodded and started to the elevator.

"I'm going too." They stopped and turned towards me.

"No offense, but you don't look like a fighter." The one in yellow said.

"We can't put a civilian in harms way, I'm sorry (Y/N). But you must return to your home."

"NO!" I said slamming my fist on his desk. "She trained me when we could. I learned fast, I have weapons that they don't know about. Sarah was there when I needed her. I'll be there for her."

"Very well. Accompany team RWBY. I will inform your parents that you are assisting in the search." I could see the mixed expressions of the girls. Ruby was smiling and so was Yellow. I couldn't tell what Black was thinking. White seemed angry that I was coming. Not that I blame her, to them I'll just be a burden. I have to go, though, I'll just tell them to leave me when we leave.

"Thank you, Ozpin" I did a half bow. He nodded in response as I turned to the girls. "Let's go. My sister needs us." I walked quickly to the elevator as they followed.

When we reached the bottom my father started at me and grabbed my throat, pulling me to him. Our faces were inches from each other. His face was red with the rage he was feeling. "If you ever embarrass us in front of someone like that again I will not hesitate to lock you in your room for the rest of your miserable life!" He screamed in my face. I kept a blank expression as he did, I was used to this. All of a sudden a black ribbon wrapped around his arm and pulled it and him off of me.

"The only one embarrassing you is yourself." Black said holding the ribbon. "Come on (Y/N), we should get started before we lose too much time."

I only nodded to her and turned away from my parents, walking with team RWBY to a different bullhead. "Thanks.." I said when we got far enough for them not to hear. She nodded back to me.

"Blake, I'm glad you did that, but maybe the comment was a little much?" White said to her. So that's her name.

"She wasn't wrong, Weiss. Plus they deserve it for doing what they did to (Y/N)." Ruby told her.

"Thanks but I'm fine." I looked at Ruby, "I'm used to it."

"That doesn't make it right."

I just shrugged and walked into the bullhead, I told the pilot where to go so I could get my weapons. I then took a seat towards the back trying to calm myself down. I can't panic now, Sarah needs me and I don't want the girls to think I'm more of a burden than they already do.

"You okay, (Y/N)?" I heard Ruby ask me. I looked and they were all staring at me with different expressions. I just nodded and turned away. hoping they wouldn't see me shaking.

"We've arrived" the pilot said over the speaker and I walked off the bullhead into the forest near my house. I went towards the house but stopped by a tree that's been hollowed out.

"What are we doing here?" Weiss asked. "I thought we were heading into vale?"

"We are, but I need this first." I pulled out the bundle that contained my weapon. Ruby's eyes went wide and were shining like crazy

"Is that your weapon?! What is it? Can I see it?" Yellow pulled her back and held onto her hood while Ruby flailed her arms around.

"Calm down Ruby, I'm sure he"ll show you

"Yaaaang let me gooooo." Yang let go of her hood as I stood up with my bow.

" Yang let go of her hood as I stood up with my bow

A/N: (not mine. also it can use dust to create arrows and have different effects because of it.)

"This is Citadel." I said showing the group and separating the blades to sheath them on my back. "Let's go find my sister."