Acceptance

A/N: Just so everyone is aware, up until now has been after the start of Beacon but before the Jaundice episode. Also, I would like to keep pumping these out as fast as I have been but I don't know if I will be able to. I don't have a schedule I'm keeping to but I will try and keep working on it everyday. Let me know what you think so far and thanks for reading!

(Y/N) POV:

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. To be able to go to Beacon when I have never even been to a school before. I don't know what to say, of course I want to go, but what about the store? What about tuition? There's no way my parents would let me go just like that.

"What about my parents?" I asked, afraid of the answer.

"I spoke with them and I'm sorry (Y/N). They said they don't care if you ever came home." I should be sad or upset. I should be mad. Why do I feel relieved?

"I understand. However, I can't afford tuition on my own." I knew I was a burden they didn't want. although, I didn't want to be that to anyone else now either.

"Consider it payment for helping to save my students." I was shocked. Tuition here is expensive and he's just willing to throw that out the window?

"Why?" Was all I could think to ask.

"Because, I see greatness in you. You just need the push to see it in yourself." He said standing. "I'll give you some time to think. Here's my scroll number, let me know when you've decided."

I put his number in my scroll and instantly messaged him. 'I've decided.'  I heard him chuckle as he turned back around to face me smiling.

"And?"

"I accept. But I have some questions." I answered back smiling. He sat back down sipping from his mug, signalling for me to continue. "I thought I had some initiation to go through? I spoke to Sarah about hers after she completed it last year."

He waved the question off. "You have already proven yourself at the warehouse. There's no need."

"Okay, What about teams? There's always teams of four and I don't know if you've noticed but meeting new people isn't exactly a strong suit of mine." We both chuckled about that.

"Yes, I'm aware, however that is something that huntsmen do. We don't currently have a three person team for you to join so you will unofficially join team RWBY. If a student where to leave. You will be placed on that team." A wide smile was plastered on my face and uncharacteristically pumped my fist. Maybe those pain meds are getting to me.

"Thank you Professor, this means a lot to me."

"Rest up (Y/N), I will come back later for your paperwork to be filled out and we can make this official." I nodded and he walked to the door, stopping before he left. "Oh, and (Y/N)?" I looked at him. "She'll be proud of you." My smile got even wider at that and I nodded to him again with a last thank you before he left the room.

I sat there by myself for awhile thinking about what just happened. I finally get to pursue my dream, I have friends, Sarah is safe. For once I feel alive. I slowly drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face. Over the next two days I had gotten my paperwork filled out and was officially a student at beacon. I hadn't told the girls yet and asked Ozpin not to as well. I wanted it to be a surprise. They helped me get out of bed and walk around the room until I was able to do it on my own. The doctor said I couldn't fight yet but I was cleared to leave. I'm currently outside team RWBY's dorm, well, our dorm I suppose, with Ozpin.

"Ready?" was all he asked while we were standing there. I was working up the courage to knock, knowing the girls didn't know I was out of the infirmary yet. "would you like me to knock? I can step back and make it seem like it was you." My throat was dry and I couldn't speak so I simply nodded to him. He smiled and reached around me to knock and step back. We heard someone approaching the door and I started shaking. How would they react? I'm not exactly the best person to have as a teammate. Just as I finished the thought, the door opened.

"Hello, Wha-?" Weiss opened the door, her blue eyes went wide as she saw me. She smiled at me. "(Y/N), you're out. Come in, guys (Y/N) is out of the infirmary." She called to the rest of the team.

"(Y/N)! Hi!" Ruby said as Ozpin and I came through the door.

"Good to see you walking around, (Y/N)." Blake said looking at me from behind her book.

Yang hopped off her bed and came closer. "Hey, (Y/N). How you feelin?"

"Much better, Thanks Yang." I said finally. This is a lot to take in. Are those beds safe?

"Hello girls." Ozpin said behind me.

"Oh, hey Oz. What are you doing here? showing (Y/N) to the dorm?" Yang asked. I just smiled knowing what was coming next.

"Yes, I figured I should show your new teammate where he would be staying for the foreseeable future." The girls eyes went wide as they turned to me one by one.

"YES! THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!"  Ruby yelled throwing her hands in the air.

Yang laughed. "I have to agree with Rubes on this one. Welcome to the team (Y/N)." I looked at her smiling and then moved my focus to Blake, who seemed too stunned to speak. lastly I looked at Weiss.

"How is this going to work?" Was all she said looking from me to Ozpin with a shocked expression. I looked away from her. I didn't expect that. I was excited. I didn't want me being here to be a problem and it already is. What do I do? should I leave? I don't want to cause her to worry about my being here.

"If it's a pro-" I started sadly, but Ozpin cut me off.

"He will be the unofficial member of your team. As we don't have a place for him yet, he will be staying here. I'm sure there isn't anything to worry about Miss Schnee." Where have I heard that name before? "Also I will have a bed delivered before the evening. If that is all I have some headmaster duties to attend to." He said turning his mug over to indicate it was empty.

"Yes, that will be all Professor, thank you." Weiss said. I still couldn't look at her. Ozpin left the room and we just stood there in silence for what felt like eternity. I was trying to not shake, this isn't what I wanted. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped.

"Sorry" Yang said. "Forgot about that." I saw Weiss moving back to her desk to study. I looked at her feeling disappointed in myself. I should've known that me being a guy would've been a problem. "Let's take a walk." She looked at me sympathetically. I nodded and started towards the door.

3RD POV

As Yang and (Y/N) left the dorm Ruby turned to Weiss.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" Weiss asked looking up from her work.

"Why are you being so cold to him?" Weiss could see that Ruby was mad at her.

"I have to agree Weiss. That wasn't necessary." Blake said looking at her, placing her book on her bed.

"Well you all might be okay with having a boy in the room, but I'm not!" She said standing up. "What if he tries anything in our sleep?"

"Do you really think he's like that?" Ruby asked.

"Weiss, (Y/N) Isn't going to do anything. He cares too much for that." Blake said to her. "He's barely even left his house and was basically just disowned by his parents. We're all he has right now with Sarah still being in the infirmary."

Weiss immediately felt bad for what she did. "I didn't mean to make him feel like I didn't care. I'm just worried about having a boy who is barely trained on our team."

"You didn't see him in that warehouse before you showed up. He took out five of the white fang before I took care of three and still had my back while doing it. Whatever Sarah did to train him, she did it well." Weiss was shocked at that revelation. She had assumed that Blake took care of most of them.

"Okay, I'll apologize when he gets back with Yang. Where did they go anyway?"

Ruby smiled. "I asked her to take him for a walk so we could have this chat."