six [lousy games and letterman jackets]

The first football game of the year was terrible, to say the least.

The cheer squad did fine. It wasn't excellent or outstanding, only fine. Fine wasn't good enough.

They performed the routine Karl and Tina helped him make, and stood on the sidelines, cheering whenever a certain zombie happened to score every single point.

Yeah, Dream was fucking amazing at football. He was literally the only person on the team that could score any points through touchdowns (the other zombie- Sapnap- scored like 2 points through kicking) and it was embarrassing. The zombie MVP made it seem as though the entire reason why the school had lost all these years was because of human-zombie segregation. It probably was, but it made the humans look terrible nonetheless.

The entire time, George got to stand there, look pretty, and cheer for the green-haired guy he'd run into way too many times for comfort. And, of course, while he was cheering Dream just happened to look over at George every time he scored a point. His grin was giant and George had to shield his eyes whenever the zombie flexed his muscles (George was still trying to pretend the zombie wasn't attractive in any way, shape, or form).

At the end of the game, when Seabrook won for the first time in years, all the football players walked up to the cheerleaders. Dream and Sapnap lead the way as the entire cheer squad ogled their sweaty hair and polished muscles, and George was furious that they were getting so much attention. Zombies shouldn't get that much attention.

However, Dream ignored all his secret admirers and walked right up to George.

"Thanks for cheering," he said, looking down at George with a beaming smile.

George scoffed, "It's required if I'm supposed to be team captain."

"Still," Dream smirked, "Watching you do your dumb little chants motivated me to score."

George scowled in an effort to cover his blush. "You trying to impress me?"

"Always."

The zombie grinned cheekily and pulled on a letterman jacket. It was a pale blue and white and it contoured magnificently with Dream's green locks. It was the kind of jackets the football guys wore to show off to cheerleaders, the kind that George had always wanted to steal since he was younger; showing off he was some buff football guy's hot as hell boyfriend.

If Dream was trying to show off now, it wasn't working. There was no way George would actually take the jacket from the zombie. He'd have to be crazy to accept anything from Dream, in fact.

George turned his gaze away from the zombie and looked at Karl. He was met with the sight of betrayal. Karl was chatting up a storm, very obviously flirting, with Sapnap.

If George wasn't already furious (which he was) then he was absolutely steaming when Karl placed a kiss on Sapnap's cheek. How could his friend be okay with everything the zombies did to them?

"That could be us, you know," Dream sang, snapping George out of his infuriated state.

George scoffed and rolled his eyes.

A sharp wind brushed through the area, George shivered.

"You're cold," Dream observed.

"I'll be fine," George established, wrapping his arms against his chest.

Instead of simply leaving the brunette alone, the zombie decided to shove off his Letterman and hold it out to George.

The brunette pushed his arm away, but the contact made Dream's arm jolt. "What the hell was that?" George asked with a raised eyebrow.

Dream rubbed his wrist, right where the Z Band was located, and shook his head. "Nothing, don't worry about it."

George frowned and shivered again.

"Please just take the jacket. You're cold, and zombies have a lower blood pressure so I'd be better off without it than you," Dream pushed.

George shivered again, and upon seeing Dream's pleading look, he reluctantly grabbed the jacket and put it on. It was huge on him. The jacket went down to the edges of his skirt, and the arm holes went much farther than his hands. He was practically drowning in it.

Plus, and, George hated to admit it, but the Letterman smelled nice. It was like S'mores mixed with the sugared nuts you get near Christmastime. Who knew zombies could smell this good?

George looked back up at Dream, and of course, the zombie was grinning. "You look good," he said, voice full of admiration.

Before George could say anything, Karl walked over. He bumped George's shoulder and smiled suggestively, "Looks like you two had fun."

George went red and scowled at his friend. Then, Sapnap walked over. He took one look at George and turned to Dream. "Nice," he said.

"It's not-" George started.

"I know," Dream finished.

George glowered and turned around. He mumbled a muffled 'I'm leaving' and picked up his bag.

Dream shouted a conceded, "Bye, Georgie!" and the brunette walked even faster.

George's parents were waiting for him at the edge of the stands.

His mother immediately enveloped him in a hug, saying lies about how proud they were of him. Truly, anyone with eyes could see how bad the routine was, but he took his parents' praise anyway and smiled.

When his mom pulled away, her eyes immediately looked down to George's figure. "Did you finally get a boyfriend?" She asked curiously.

George frowned again. "It's not like that. I forgot my coat, and he saw me shivering."

His mother smiled, and his father went to grab her hand. George really fucking hated PDA.

"Can I ask whose it is?"

George turned around to search out for Dream. Sure enough, Dream looked his way almost immediately, and sent a wave as he did.

George frowned and turned back to his parents.

"He gave you the Letterman?" His mother squeaked excitedly.

George pursed his lips. "I said it wasn't that big of a deal."

"George! The star player gave you his Letterman"

"He's also a zombie, and running against me for president," George sighed.

"I think he's pretty great," his dad cut in.

George groaned. "That's just because he's good at football."

His father grinned while his mother continued on with her spontaneous adoration of Dream, "I think you two look cute together, don't ya think?"

"No," George moaned, "not at all."

His mother smiled and pulled George into her chest. "Fine. Let's go home."