ten [escapades and alarming encounters]

Apparently, a zombie talking about his feelings was what stopped him.

The day had started off badly already. His parents happily told him that they knew he had lost the election and were simply proud of him just for being VP. They even went as far as to say that having a zombie as the president would be good for the school, especially Dream.

George ungracefully left the house after that.

He had a morning cheer practice, which was uneventful, and afterward went to lunch with Karl and Tina. They were keeping the zombie talk on the down-low (finally they understood George's contentment), but whenever Karl said something about how in love he was with Sapnap, or Tina with how nice Dream was, George found himself rolling his eyes.

He'd tried to change their views on the monsters, but yet another plan of his backfired and they only shunned him for thinking differently.

He spent the rest of the day at home, loathing everything around him.

On Sunday, George ended up calling up an old friend for a lunch date.

It was completely platonic. George had known Wilbur since they were kids, bonding over their shared accents and love of politics.

WIlbur was different from George, though. Where George was all for being in politics and ruling the school with his views, Wilbur was standing in the shadows, judging others' views and working to change the thoughts of people around him. He helped George win the presidency junior year, and George felt guilty that he didn't ask Wil for help this year. Maybe he would have won against Dream.

They'd met at Seabrook's most famous ice cream shop and ordered the only flavor available: vanilla. It was plain, maybe the only plain thing that George liked.

Wilbur was there first, dressed in a dumb brown sweater that he was insistent on wearing even though every other human wore pastel colors, a beanie, and his stupid circular glasses. Truly, George liked to make fun of Wilbur's outfit, but he deeply respected the man underneath.

"George," he greeted solemnly.

"Wilbur," George smiled devilishly. He needed the brunette's opinion on the school's newest additions and he could hardly wait. So, he quickly asked, "Thoughts on zombies?"

The brunette looked taken aback by the question, but answer calmly, "Well I quite like the one in the beanie. Quackity. He has good taste."

George wanted to groan at the mention of the beanie zombie, the one that had literally told him that he and Dream should get together. As if.

"So, you like them?"

Wilbur debated for a moment. "Well, I don't know most of them, but the ones I've talked to don't seem half bad."

George rolled his eyes. Why did no one feel the same way as him? "Well, what about having one as president?"

Wilbur stifled a laugh. "Dream? I think he's fine, got lots of spunk. Sorry you lost."

Spunk? "It's fine. I'm vice president anyways."

Wilbur was grinning, and George couldn't help but follow suit. "Shut up." The pair laughed harder and only stopped when a waitress came to deliver their bowls of white delight.

The girl was blonde, dressed in a pink blouse and white apron. She smiled at the both of them, and upon noticing the other brunette, she smiled more. "Hey, Wilbur!"

"How's it going, Niki?"

"Great-" Someone yelled the girl's name from the counter and she went rushing back. "Lovely to see you, Wil. Talk soon!"