Chapter 10

The red chakra formed a fox's head, showing it was the chakra of the demon fox. The needles that had pierced Naruto's body started falling out, as if being repelled. His cuts were healing until it looked like he had never even been fighting, let alone close to being killed.

"What… What is that." Chocho asked, she tried hiding being her two teammates but even they looked startled by what they were seeing.

As the blonde's wounds healed, his fingernails, that were once short and dull, grew longer and sharper. At this point, anyone who didn't know him would think he was an animal who had a human form. The chakra fox started a rampage. The head shook and growled. The ice mirrors began melting, but only a little. The red chakra, fox and all dissipated but Naruto was hunched over, his eyes still red. He made sounds like an angry animal before he charged, running on all four.

Those watching couldn't say anything. They all knew about the Seventh being a jinchuriki, they have all seen him using the powers at least once in their lives, like at the Chunin Exams that were a little more than a month ago, but not like this. They were used to the warm, gentle orange chakra that surrounded the Hokage. Not this red, burning evil chakra that had just poured out of him. '

He was fast. Haku attacked but it didn't land, Naruto's chakra repled it. Just as Naruto was about to hit the mirror, Haku vanished, stopping the raging blond in his tract. He looked around. A moment later Haku took up all the mirrors and attacked again, this one landed. Naruto was pierced with a lot a needle, some in bad spots. Naruto released a burst of chakra and attacked the mirror Haku was in, it shattered but Haku had moved. Haku jumped out of a piece, trying to stab Naruto from above. Naruto jumped out of the way, spinning in the air, landing on all four. Haku tried moving to another mirror but Naruto grabbed the masked boy's arm, stopping him from going anywhere. A scream came from the blonde, followed by another burst of chakra. The mirrors started cracking, one by one. Naruto clenched a fist with his free hand, energy build behind it from the chakra. His fist slammed into the assassin's face, well mask, and the boy went flying. He went through one of his mirrors, shattering it and rolled a few meters away, his masked cracked. The rest of the mirrors cracked and shattered, the jutsu was broken.

Haku stood, pieces of his mask fell to the ground. Naruto charged, ready to land a final blow. Naruto jumped as the final pieces of Haku's mask fell, showing the boy's face. He had accepted death at that very moment. He waited for the punch that would most likely break his neck and kill him. The most of the eight closed their eyes, not wanting to see this murder.

The sound of plastic hitting the ground was heard, not a body being ragdolled. Those who had closed their eyes opened them. What they saw was completely opposite from mere seconds ago. Naruto was stopped mid action, by himself. Frozen with his arm up with a ready punch. He was shaking. His eyes were blue, his whiskers thin, teeth and nails dull once again. He was Naruto again.

"You… From that time…" The blonde mumbled.

"Why stop?" Haku asked, shocking Naruto a bit. "Even though I killed your dear friend, you can't kill me?"

Naruto grunted, looked conflicted and landed the punch on Haku's face. Haku stumbled then fell, spitting blood out of his mouth as he stood. The ready to die assassin asked about what had happen to the force from moments before. He tried goading Naruto into using it again, even if he didn't fully now what it was, he was ready to be killed.

"Why?" Metal asked. "Why is he pushing the Seventh to attack him."

"He ready to die." Mitsuki said. "He had accepted death only a moment before and it didn't happen, he wants to die because he feel like he failed Zabuza."