Chapter 17

The memory showed a battle. It was Sakura and Lee fighting a team of Sound Ninja. Naruto and Sasuke laid under a tree's roots that acted as shelter.

"What's my dad doing here?" Metal Lee asked. "Where's the rest of his team?"

It was a one sided battle. Lee was having issues. He was on the ground and his ear was bleeding.

"Look, my dad's team is behind those bushes." Chocho said.

Indeed, behind the bushes was Shikamaru, Choji, and Ino. They were watching the fight.

"Aren't they going to help?" Sarada asked, she watched as her mom tried to help Lee.

"I think their scared." Shikadai said. "Or their waiting for a chance."

The female Sound ninja grabbed Sakura by her long hair. The girl mocked Sakura's hair, saying if she had time to worry about her hair then she could of practiced instead. Lee was laying on the ground in front of the leader. The girl said they should kill Sasuke in front of Sakura, calling the other male, Zaku.

"Don't move!" The enemy girl said, pulling Sakura's hair as she tried to move.

Sakura started shaking. The eight saw tears fall from her face.

"Mom." Sarada whisper, seeing her mom in distress.

Zaku walked forward, heading towards Sasuke. Sakura pulled out a kunai. The girl holding her hair told the pinkette it was pointless.

"What are you saying?" Sakura said with a smirk.

Sakura brought the kunai to her hair, cutting it, and herself, away from the enemy's grip. The Sound girl fell back as the hair was cut, her balance was disrupted by the suddenly loss of grip. Sakura's headband fell of her head from the lack of hair that was holding. She stood up with a new determination in her eyes. Zaku yelled at his teammate to kill her. Her name was Kin. Sakura did some hand signs. Kin stabbed Sakura in the back, she turned into a log.

"Go mom!" Sarada cheered, seeing her mom actually fight.

Zaku turned to where Sakura was. She was running towards the Sound ninja ready to throw kunai. Zaku blasted the kunais back with air pressure, they flew into another substitution. Sakura appeared above the sound ninja, he mocked her, saying her plan wasn't going to work. Sakura appeared above her target, forming hand signs again.

The eight watched in anticipation. Wanting to see how Sakura's plan was going to work out.

Zaku threw kunai at the Sakura above him. Sakura blocked, letting the knives stab her. Zaku started looking around for where Sakura would appeared next by Sakura didn't use a substitution. Zaku realized this when her blood landed on his face. Sakura landed on the shocked Sound ninja bring him down to the ground and stabbing a kunai into his arm. They landed hard and Sakura bit the guy's other arm.

"Way to go mom!" Sarada said.

But it didn't do much. Zaku started punching the pink-haired girl with his stabbed arm, trying to get her to let go of the other one that she was biting. Zaku finally got her off, his last punch sending Sakura to the ground. Zaku wasn't happy now. He prepared for an attack, probably to kill Sakura. Sakura glared at her enemy, her face bloody from the punches. At that moment Team 10 took action. The three moved in front of Sakura, blocking Zaku from her. It seemed that Choji was pulled along by his scarf by Shikamaru. Ino told Sakura she wouldn't lose to her. No one of the eight understood what she meant. No one moved as Sakura and Ino bantered a bit. The leader of the Sound team called them worms and glared at the newly arrived team. Choji seem to just realized what was happening and started freaking out. The Ino-Shika-Cho tem bantered. Shikamaru said that they should run away because Ino jumped out, which the blonde girl apologized.