Chapter 24

A new scene appeared, it was very bright. They were in the hospital. Naruto was freaking about something and yelling at Shikamaru.

"What the?" Boruto said. "How did he end up here?"

"He probably passed out from training." Sarada said.

"That's most likely what happened." Shikadai said. "But what is my dad doing here?"

Naruto started to look for something on his bed before suddenly stopping.

"What's wrong with Lord Seven?" Sarada asked.

"Maybe he'd hungry?" Chocho said.

"Hey, Naruto." Shikamaru said, trying to get the blonde's attention. "What's going on?"

The blonde slowly faced his friend, hold his stomach.

"I'm...So hungry." Naruto said.

"Told you." Chocho said smugly.

Shikamaru relaxed, telling his blonde not to scare him like that, and proceeded to pull out a basket of fruit.

"Huh?" Shikadai said. "Why does he have that?"

Shikamaru set the basket on the bed, saying he brought it for Choji as a get well basket. But the doctors said he couldn't have it.

"Choji?" Naruto said. "Is he sick?"

"No, no, don't be fooled." Shikamaru said. "He made himself sick by eating too much BBQ."

Naruto burst out laughing at that. He wasn't even a bit surprised.

"When is something interesting going to happen?" Boruto asked. "How is this even important."

As if to answer him, the scene shift to another hospital room.

"Dad?" Metal Lee said when he noticed who was asleep in the bed.

The door to the room opened. Sakura walked in. She set a single white flower on the bedside table.

"Why are we seeing this?" Mirai asked?

"You wanted to know more about the Kazekage." The women said, appearing. "Did you not?"

"Yes." Mirai said cautiously, "But I don't see how Lee-sensei and the Kazekage have any connection at this point."

"No?" The woman said. "I think you better look again."

Everyone turned back to the scene.

Sakura had left and it seemed like the room was shaking a bit. WInd blew the curtain up over the bed just as Gaara entered the room. The red-head stared down at the sleeping boy.

"What's wrong with him?" Shikadai asked when he saw his uncle holding his head.

He turned to the women but she wasn't there anymore. He frowned. His Uncle was in pain and acting weird and they weren't getting any stright answers. Images over took the scene of flashes.