Chapter 14

"Who's that?" Shikadai asked. "I don't recognize him from the village."

Everyone agreed, by this point they knew all their fellow ninja but they've never met this guy. Something must of happened to him.

The stranger told them that they were standing around with cute faces. Ino asked who he was, mad that this stranger insulted them. The grey haired boy introduced himself as Kabuto Yakushi and told them to look around. The rookie nine did. Everyone one was glaring at them. After that the scene seemed to have skipped ahead. Standing at the front of the room was a bunch of Exam proctors. One with scars on his face introduced himself as Ibiki Morino. The man pointer to the Sound Ninja, they seemed to of been picking on the Rookie Nine. Ibiki threaten to fail them if they caused anymore trouble. Ibiki explained that, unless given permission from a proctor, there would be no fighting or killing.

"Killing?" Inojin questioned.

Ibiki said they were starting the first exams. He told the applicants to turn in their papers and they will get a number. The Genin must sit at that number. After that, a written test would be handed out.

"A test?"Sarada said. "They're taking a simple test?"

Proctors lined each wall of the testing room as the Genin sat down. Everything was quiet like most testing areas. They were waiting for Ibiki to start the test but before did that he explained more rules and wrote them on the chalkboard. All applicants are given 10 points in the beginning of the test. There are 10 problems worth one point. He then explain the test was a point deduction system. Each wrong answer costs a point. The Second rule was that passing or failing was based on the total points of the squads. That one got a reaction from everyone. Sakura asked why it was set up like this. Ibiki replied there was a reason and nothing else before carrying on. The third and final rule was that anyone caught cheating will lose two points. Ibiki explained that some in the room my be dismissed before the test was over and graded. Ibiki mentioned that they should all act like model Ninjas if they wanted to be Chunin. Ibiki said that if one person gets a zero on the team, the other two will fail as well.

"This seems complicated." Chocho said.

"They're take a ten question test." Boruto said. "How hard can it be?"

Ibiki said that the final question will be given after 45 minutes. The he started the Exam. Paper flipped and pencil lead taps were heard all across the room.

"Whoa!" Shikadai said. "Those aren't easy questions."

As if to prove his point, a lot, if not all pencils stopped moving.

"It looks like some are getting caught." Mirai said as she noticed proctors writing.

"Why would they cheat?" Sarada asked. "It has such a huge risk to it."

"I think that's the point." Mitsuki said. "Ibiki there said don't awkwardly cheat. I think they are supposed to cheat but those who get caught lose."

"It makes sense." Shikadai said. "Sometimes a ninja will have to go collect information from an enemy. If you get caught you are pretty much done for."

The eight looked around, looking at each one of the rookie nine, even Team Gai and the Sand Siblings.

They saw Akamaru moving his head around from on top of Kiba's. He barked quietly to Kiba from time to time. They were using Akamaru's vantage point to look at the papers around them. A bug flew passed them. They watched it land on Shino's finger and then flew in an eight pattern. Now that the eight knew that everyone was cheating they could see it, mostly. Something flashed in their eyes for a moment. They looked up. They saw a series of mirrors around a light.