Chapter 23

"What!" Most exclaimed.

"He's going to die!" Chocho said.

The blonde started falling into the ravine full of of stone, jutting out of both sides like dull spikes.

"How did he get out of this?" Mirai asked. "And what the hell is Master Jiraiya thinking?"

Naruto was falling fast. The memory followed him. They watched as the blonde focused chakra to his hands and feet. He tried grabbing onto a spike that was jutting out more than the others. His hand slipped. Things were looking very grim fo the falling blonde. They watched as he fell. His face portraying pure fear as the darkness of the abyss came closer. The whoosh of the air around then suddenly went silent. A weird thumping sound could be heard.

'I'm going to die!" they hear Naruto's thoughts.

The weird thumping sound continued with Naruto's thoughts repeating 'Die!' over and over again.

"I can't watch!" Metal Lee shouted covering his eyes in suspense.

The eight could do nothing but watch, listening to the word 'Die' being repeated in the mind of the 12 year old blonde.

Everything was stopped. There was no sound, no thought, even the fear on Naruto's face had vanished.

"What happened?" Sarada asked.

As if to answer here, there was a flash of light, making the eight shield their eyes. Suddenly they weren't falling in a bottomless ravine but standing in a sewer.

"What?" Mirai asked. "How'd he get here?"

Naruto was on his limbs, like he had stumbled. He stood up and looked dazed.

"Is he okay?" Chocho asked.

"I don't know…" Shikadai answered.

Naruto turned around, as if he heard something. The others listened, they heard a growl but couldn't tell if it was from a breeze passing through or from an animal.

"Where is he going?" Boruto asked.

His father had started walking.

The blond didn't bother looking down any corridor for an exit, he passed about five before he finally turned down one.

"How does he know where he's going?" Mitsuki asked.

They watched as the blond moved turned a blinding white light at the end of the tunnel.

"Oh no! Did he die?" Chocho asked when she saw the light.

"Of course not!" Sarada argued. "He became Hokage so that means he lives!"

"It's a mindscape." Inojin suddenly said.

"A what?" Boruto asked.

"A mindscape." Inojin repeated. "A plane of subconscious unique to each person. It explain how he got here, how he knows where he's going and why he's not freaking out."

"That…. Actually makes sense." Mirai said.

Beyond the bright light was more sewer, except as an open room with a tall ceiling. A gate was built in the opposing wall, decorative but misplaced. Everyone looked at it in awe. At the cent of the gate, where the two doors meet, was a tag with the word 'SEAL' written on it.