Chapter 2: Choices

Kelly walked into the apartment and saw Sofi sitting comfortably on the couch watching television. Sofi turned and greeted her with a smile and sat up just a bit.

"Stay," Kelly said, kicking off her shoes and dropping her purse on the small bench by the doorway. She approached the couch and sat right next to Sofi. She curled herself into Sofi and draped one leg over Sofi's lap. Sofi wrapped her arms around her and waited for her to settle.

"No kiss?" Sofi asked softly.

Kelly tilted her head up and their lips met in a sweet, chaste kiss. Sofi sighed as Kelly snuggled into her. Sofi rubbed Kelly's back and Kelly responded with a soft hum.

"You okay?" Sofi asked.

"Yes, just exhausted," Kelly said, "My workday was a mess and I barely took a break. I literally ate a granola bar for lunch, then traffic was a bitch getting here from my apartment because of the work on Canal Street."

"I ordered Chinese," Sofi said, "Mila should be here any time."

"That's right – today was her big meeting with Syco," Kelly said, suddenly pepping up. "I can't wait to hear how it goes."

"Me too," Sofi said, "I just hope she didn't sign anything on the spot. She can be so impetuous and I think she ought to meet with that Jauregui woman too."

"She said she would," Kelly answered.

"I know, but she's like a puppy," Sofi said, "If you throw a ball she can't help but run after it."

"Give her a little credit," Kelly said, chuckling, "She's a smart girl."

"I know she is," Sofi said, "This might be her big break. No one is rooting for her more than me."

They were still cuddling quietly when they heard a knock at the door. Kelly sighed at the loss of her comfortable position and stood and walked to the door. She looked through the peephole then opened it with a smile. Camila was standing in the hall with Chinese food bags in both hands.

"I got here at the same time as the delivery guy," Camila said, happily walking in and plopping the bags on the table. She immediately started pulling out containers until she found the one marked for potstickers. She opened the carton and took one out with her fingers and popped it in her mouth.

"Gross, Mila," Sofi complained as she stood from the couch and walked over.

"What? I only touched the one I ate," Camila mumbled while chewing. Kelly laughed as Sofi playfully smacked Camila softly on the back of the head.

Kelly grabbed out plates and Sofi poured them each a glass of iced tea and they settled at the table. Once everyone served themselves Sofi looked up at Camila.

"So, is my sister gonna be a big star?" Sofi asked hopefully.

"They offered me a contract!" Camila yelped loudly. Sofi jumped from her chair and pulled Camila into a hug. Kelly smiled widely watching the sisters share a moment of pure happiness.

"Come on, tell us about it," Kelly encouraged. Sofi and Camila sat again. Camila was almost bouncing in her seat as she spoke.

"Well, I got to Syco and Mr. Cowell's assistant met me. Her name was Veronica Sinclair. She was a little scary to be honest," Camila said, shaking her head.

"What do you mean?" Sofi asked.

"Well, first of all, she's gorgeous but in a really unapproachable way," Camila said, "Like she totally knows it."

"Ugh, I hate people like that," Kelly said.

"And she was all business," Camila said, "I tried to make some polite conversation but she looked at me like I had three heads."