Chapter 30: Vegas, baby

The concierge and a bellman greeted their group as soon as they arrived at The Venetian hotel and casino in Las Vegas. They were ushered in through a back entrance and she accompanied them into a private elevator.

"Here are your room keys," she said, handing them envelopes. We have two executive suites booked for you. She let the bellman take Mike and Zayn to their room and accompanied the women to their suite.

Camila tried to keep from acting too giddy as they walked in. The room was huge, with a den area separate from the bedroom. They were playing two shows in Vegas and she would finally have a space to just sit down and relax.

"Ms. Cabello, it is our pleasure to have you here at the Venetian," the concierge said, "I've taken the liberty of booking you into our spa tomorrow at one o'clock for a signature stone massage, on the house of course. I also have spa passes for all four of you for your entire stay. I understand you will be finishing your performance tonight around 9:00 so there's a table for the four of you at Delmonico for dinner, on the house as well. I hope you have time to relax and enjoy your stay here."

"That sounds great," Camila said, grinning, "Thank you."

She left and Normani and Camila both went and plopped on the couch. Normani kicked up her feet and laughed.

"No wonder people take long Vegas gigs," Normani said, "This isn't half bad."

"How can they give away so much free stuff?" Camila asked.

"Are you kidding? This place prints money," Normani answered, "And they like it when the stars stay with them. Mila, you're a star now."

"Oh my god, I didn't realize how much I missed having a sofa," Camila said, curling up on the end of the couch.

"And... you are the most low-maintenance star I've ever met," Normani teased, tossing a pillow at Camila. "Just give the girl a couch and she's fine."

"It's true," Camila said, laughing, "wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure. I'm glad we left early enough to have time to enjoy it here," Normani sighed.

"And we have all day tomorrow before the second show," Camila replied happily.

They ordered room service and settled in to watch Booksmart. They both enjoyed the movie thoroughly, laughing loudly throughout while eating. Normani ordered the Venetian pizza and Camila had a cheeseburger and fries. It was the first day in a while that felt anything like normal and they were both happy to relax for a bit. When the movie ended Normani stood up and looked at her watch.

"We need to get headed to the arena in an hour," Normani said, "You can get dressed and ready here. I'm going to check in with the stage manager and make sure everything is set."

Camila nodded and went and grabbed her dress for the night and her toiletries. She walked into the bathroom and grinned from ear to ear. There was a huge soaking tub that she fully intended to use after the concert. She showered and put on makeup and got ready for the night.

The concert went perfectly and the group quickly gathered their things and headed back to the Venetian as soon as they were done. They went straight to the restaurant and feasted on a huge seafood and steak dinner. When they were done Normani smiled at the group.

"Who's up for Blackjack?" Normani asked, grinning excitedly.

"I'm in," Mike said, smiling.

"Absolutely," Zayn added.

"Oh, I don't think so," Camila replied, shaking her head, "I'm beat."

"Come on, it's Vegas, baby!" Normani said excitedly. "The drinks are free!"