Now....

Ae's POV:
The setting sun illuminated the room with orange red colour bringing a sad and gloomy feeling to my heart. It marked the end of another day and the reminder that I have to now leave this place and head back home.

"Sir, is there anything else for today?" My secratary questioned. "No... You may leave. I'll stay here for sometime." I replied. He didn't say a word and swiftly walked out of the office closing the door. I sighed and then turned to look at the setting sun.

Usually people love to see this sight, I would love too but there has to be someone beside me to watch it. The large glasses covering the two sides of my cabin offered a complete view of outside from the top floor.

Everything looked so small from here as if they would fit in my palm. There were people walking in the streets, cars moving around. The normal hustle bustle to get back home to your loved ones... To your family... I wish I too had the same.

I was brought back to my senses by the continuous ringing of my cell phone. I exhaled deeply and then moved to check the caller. Upon seeing the screen my mood turned more gloomy. It was a call from home.

I picked it up and swiped the screen and put the call on loudspeaker because there was no way I could keep my calm after hearing that voice. "AE!!! Where are you??? You know, your aunt has invited her friend for a dinner. I must say that her daughter is so beautiful.... You should hurry back. I am sure you will like her." Malee spoke from other side.

"Mrs Malee, I am busy in meeting. You can go ahead and have whatever dinner you want to have with your guests. I won't be coming home early." I replied. "AE!! Don't forget that I am your mom." She snapped. "Stepmom... Step. Mom. Do you get that word?? And if you keep troubling me, I won't even come home." I shot back and disconnected the call.

Mrs Malee was my father's mistress before my mother passed away from illness. She was the main cause of my mother's sufferings. My father married her soon after my mother's death but he couldn't stay to enjoy his life with her. Soon after marriage he too was diagnosed with a deadly disease and passed after two months. Serves right for all the things he made my mom go through and enjoyed his life without even caring for her. Karma finally got him.

Ever since then, this woman made my living hell. She brought her sister to stay with us claiming that the house belonged to her as my stupid father blindly signed the papers which this witch had given to him. She would have killed me right there if my father's terms haven't prevented her.

My father seemed to have understood her plans in the end and transferred his business on my name with a clause that my death will lead to the wealth being distributed in NGOs. So she had no other option than letting me live in the house.

I wasn't even interested in my father's business so I began to work on my own. Without letting this woman know about anything, I started a small business while I continued with college. Fortunately, I profited and slowly began to expand the business. It went to an extent that people began to talk about me and slowly the news reached my stepmother.

When I returned home that day, I saw her furious and she asked me to shut down my business. But I was hell bent on doing what I had aimed for, I told her that if she stopped me, I'll make sure that she won't even have a house to live.

I have been avoiding to stay in the house most of the time except for returning back home to sleep. I would have my dinner at some local stalls before returning back. This was how life was after my mother passed away. I never had dinner with my father after that till he died. He never showed any emotions towards me so it didn't matter much to return back for dinner. And also, it was not a good idea to have dinner with the person who had actually killed your parents.