Development

Ae's POV:

Pete was still scared as the flashes of lightening were still clearly visible accompanied with thunder. "Pete, get fresh. I'll wait here." I said. "Okay... But please don't go anywhere. Stay here." He pleaded. "I won't go anywhere" I assured.

He got up from the bed and took careful steps towards the bathroom. I was a bit worried for him seeing his state. I waited for him till he got fresh and appeared out. He soon stepped out and rushed towards me. "What happened?" I asked in concern. "It's more scary from bathroom. Those flashes look more bright." He stated.

"Don't look outside. Just wait here till I get fresh and return. Close your eyes and wear the ear muffs, I'll return soon." I said. He nodded in response and put on the ear muffs and closed his eyes. I hurried inside the bathroom and got fresh quickly since I was worried about Pete. I soon walked out only to find him sitting in the same position.

I wish I was something more than a stranger to you. I would have got the right to at least hold you when you are scared and worried. I walked towards him and knelt down in front of him. "Pete.... Pete..." I called for him in gentle tone. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Ae...." He called while looking at me. "I am here. No need to worry. Okay?? You are safe." I assured. Just then, I heard a knock on the door and stood up to open it. The owner of the house was standing outside with a smiling face.

"The dinner is ready, come join us." He invited. "Sure sir..." I replied. He left soon after and I walked back towards Pete. "Pete, let's go and have dinner. Come..." I said while extending my hand towards him.

He looked at me and placed his hand in mine and got up. We walked down the stairs to see that the couple had already arranged the table for dinner. "Come, let's have dinner." The women said in her sweet voice.

We joined them for the dinner and Pete was so scared that he sat beside me. Every time there was a sound of thunder, he would flinch. Finally, I held his hand in mine while I continued with the dinner. After dinner, the owner suggested that we should sit and talk. I thought this was a better opportunity to distract Pete since he was scared.

We were now seated in front of a fireplace. The owner and his wife were sitting next to each other cuddling while we sat on the opposite side with Pete's arms wrapped around my hand. The sound of the thunder had gone down but didn't disappear completely.

I was occasionally taking a sip of the wine that the owner had offered me a while ago. Pete had politely denied saying that he don't drink. "We just came to know in the morning that there was going to be thunderstorm. We prepared in advance since we always face the problem of electricity." The owner said.

"Oh... We didn't knew either, otherwise I would have stayed back at hotel another day instead of proceeding." I replied. Just then there was a loud thunder and Pete scooted closer. "It's alright... I am here." I assured him in a soft voice. This had been happening for quite some time now. Pete would flinch every time there was a loud noise.

"I hope you are comfortable staying here." The owner said. "Thank you so much for allowing us to stay. And we are very comfortable." I spoke with gratitude. It was really nice of this people to allow us to stay and even offer us room and food.

"We hardly have any visitors. We stay away from the city and our families have abandoned us because we got married against their wish. We tried to survive in the city but everything was getting worst so we moved out. With little savings that I had, I bought this land from an old man who was on the verge of dying. No one was interested in buying this land since it was away from city. But for us, this was the perfect place. We started with little. We built a tiny house and then continued with farming. With god's grace we were able to have much more than necessary. Our kids stay abroad for studies so this house is usually empty. It's only when there is thunderstorm that someone stops by for shelter. It also offers us some company." The owner narrated.