Troubles

Ae's POV:
I was driving carefully now so that Pete would not wake up. It had been quite some time now and I spared a glance at my watch which indicated 3.00 pm. I better wake him up.

I parked my car aside and moved to wake up the person sleeping in the passenger seat. "Pete... Pete... Wake up..." I said in a gentle voice. He scrunched his nose moving a bit before finally opening his eyes. He blinked few times before finally looking at me.

The next moment he sat up abruptly checking his surroundings. "Did I do something wrong?? Did I snore?? Did I start mumbling?? Did I wake you up??" He began to inquire. I can see the worry on his face. "No... I woke you up because it's 3.00 pm and we need to eat something." I said trying to calm him down.

"But... There is no stall around and also...... I don't have money." He spoke in a low tone. "It's alright... I have already bought the food." I said while moving to grab the parcel that I have placed at the back seat. I opened it and handed him the packet. "Thank you so much khrab.." he said while taking it. Soon he was munching happily and I just watched him. I can clearly see that he was hungry.

I began to have my meal. There was no further talk as we both were busy filling our stomach. I fished out my cellphone from pocket and  switched it on. I messaged the manager of my hotel in the city that I was arriving tonight and to keep the penthouse suite ready.

I spared a glance at Pete who had just finished eating. "So, let's proceed?" I asked. "Khrab...." He replied. I placed the cell phone aside and then moved to start the engine.

The drive was all silent as Pete looked out from the window and I concentrated on road. I wonder what he is thinking. He looked so lost in his thoughts.

"What are you thinking?" I inquired not able to hold back my curiosity. "I am thinking about Zee..." He replied. "Zee??" I questioned. "Yes.... My boyfriend... We met in college when he had come for a 6 months course. He was very charming. I happened to stumble into him while rushing for my class, that's how we met. He then began to follow me around, sending me flowers, cards and all, trying to court me. I felt so special with him. But then, his course ended and he left. I also lost his number and was not able to contact him. Thankfully, I still have his address." He narrated.

"So you are telling me that you haven't spoken to your boyfriend and he don't know that you are coming?" I asked in surprise. "What else do you expect me to do?? There is no other way than going and meeting him face to face." He spoke with a bit of anger. His appearance was more like a kitten who was angry. I chuckled looking at him.

"What?? Now you are making fun of me?" He asked in annoyed tone. "No... I was just thinking how cute you look." I replied. Suddenly I realized what I did and immediately bit my tongue. Stupid Ae!! Why do you have to say it so direct??

"Err... We'll stay at a hotel for night. I won't be able to drive. I am tired from continuous driving." I spoke. "Okay...." He replied and turned his head to look out of the window.

We were just little away from my hotel when the tyre got punctured. I stopped the car and got out to check. The front left tire was flat. "Pete, the tyre is punctured. I'll have to change it." I informed. "Khrab.... Do you need any help?" He asked. "No.... You can just wait for a while till I change." I said.

I opened the dickey and removed the spare tyre and tools. I began my work of replacing the tyre with Pete sitting beside me and watching carefully. It had been quite sometime and we heard some bikes passing by. I was least bothered since I already knew how to take care of the car.

I heard the bikes coming to halt and the engines getting switched off. "Ae.... " Pete's voice sounded a bit scared. I looked at him too see the fear clearly clouding his eyes. I turned my gaze to look in the direction he was looking only to find 4 bulky guys approaching us. Something inside me told me that they are not to good.