Parted ways

Ae's POV:

The next morning when we woke up, it was completely awkward situation for us both. We didn't say a word and tried to avoid each other. I got fresh and packed my stuff and waited for Pete. He soon appeared out wearing comfortable clothes.

"Let's get going..." I said while breaking the silence. He nodded in response and soon grabbed his bag. We made our way towards the reception and handed the keys back to the receptionist before proceeding.

The rain had subsided and the morning was really bright with clear sky. I got into the car and started the engine while Pete made himself comfortable in the passenger seat. I pulled out of the place.

The drive was silent since neither one of us could bring ourselves to talk. We stopped for lunch before proceeding further. It was 5.30 pm when we finally reached the destination.

I parked my car in the premises of the building and stepped out. Pete too got out of the car and walked around towards me. It was aching my heart badly realizing that this was the end of the journey. Pete would now get back with Zee and I will have to return back to my previous life.

From now on, everything will change. I will treasure this short trip in my memories forever. At least I was able to spend some time with this person in front of me. "So......." I tried to speak being casual but I couldn't pull off the act.

I took in a deep breath and composed myself. "Pete, this is the end of our journey and since you will already be with Zee now, I would like to confess something. I have fallen in love with you. Yes, I love you Pete but I also know that you love Zee and I have accepted this fact long back. I wish you all the happiness." I finally let out the bubbling emotions.

"T-thank you Ae... For everything... For taking care of me, for all the things you did for me. You have been very patient throughout the journey. Thank you Ae... Thank you so much." Pete replied. Is it all Pete? Won't you say that you love me? Don't you feel anything for me?

I looked at him as he turned around and began to walk in the direction of the building. My heart was breaking with each step he took. In the end, it will be only Zee that he will choose. I should have known. I turned around making my way to the car.

Pete's POV:

We arrived at Zee's place and it was time to say goodbye. But I didn't knew why I felt hurt. Ae confessed to me about his feelings but I didn't know what to say. I turned around trying to hide my tears as I began to walk towards the building. Why is it hurting me so much?

I made my way inside the building and took the elevator to reach the floor. There was ding sound before the doors opened. I stepped out and began walking while searching for the room. Finally, I managed to find the room and I knocked on the door.

After a while, the door was opened revealing the tall frame of Zee wearing only towel around his waist. The next moment, his eyes shot wide open and his jaw almost dropped to the ground. "Pete? What are you doing here?" I can hear the panic in his voice.

"Well.... I came to tell you that.... that.... that I am breaking up with you." I finally let out. "Huh?!" I can see his shocked yet confused expression on his face and realized the words that left my mouth. Come on Pete, you can do it!! I encourage myself.

"Yes Zee... You heard it right... I am breaking up with you. Actually, I wanted to meet you and ask you to marry me but I met someone on the way. And he made me feel so loved and taken care of. I have spent only three days with him and I feel like I know him for ages. I cannot continue this relationship Zee. I won't be able to love you the same way because my heart is already with someone else. I hope you will understand." I let it all out. I needed to make it clear.