The Hotel

Ae's POV:

I drove at a slow speed while trying to steal some glimpse of Pete who was sitting all quiet. Can was ahead of us in the car with the other three who had come for a help just a while ago. I sighed not knowing what to say or do.

We finally arrived at the hotel and I stopped the car. "Pete, we are here." I said while looking at the person in passenger seat who had a stunned expression on his face. "Ae, it will be costly. And you are adding more and more amount to the money I will have to pay you at the end of the trip." He whispered. "Don't worry... It's free." I stated.

"FREE??" he screamed at the top of his voice and then immediately slapped his mouth trying to hold back his voice. "Yes... It's free... That person who came just a while ago is the owner of this hotel. He is my best friend so we are having a free stay here." I explained. "Really?" he asked with widening eyes.

"Yes... Now come. I need to have a bath because I am feeling sticky. Also, I need some rest. So, can we proceed?" I asked. He hummed in response and opened the car door and stepped out while holding his bag close.

I too stepped out of the car and stretched my strained muscles. I feel so stiff. By now, Pete walked around the car and was standing beside me. "It's so beautiful... I wonder how much rich your friend is..." Pete said while admiring the hotel. I wonder how he will react when he will come to know that I am the owner of the hotel and not Can.

"Come, I have already got your suite ready." Can said stepping closer. "Suite?" Pete asked in confusion. "Yes... Where do you think I will make my friend stay? Come now." Can replied while walking inside. I began to follow him with Pete walking beside me while looking around the place as if he had come to some museum.

We took the elevator and finally, we were standing in front of the big door of penthouse suite. "I have already got it cleaned and everything is in place. Give a call if you need anything." Can said while turning around and disappearing behind the doors of the elevator.

I sighed and begin to walk towards the door. I turned the knob and pushed the door open. The lights were off so I reached out for the switch to turn them on and soon the bright light began to reflect from the walls. I turned around to look at Pete who was still standing outside.

"What are you doing outside? Come in." I said while gesturing to come. He took a step forward hesitantly looking around the place. "A-are we going to stay in the same room?" he asked. "No... This is a suite with two bedroom. I will sleep in one and you will sleep in another. Don't worry, I am not going to do anything to you." I said.

"Who said I will allow you to do anything? Even if you try, I'll punch you. I have a pepper spray in my bag and I know karate too." The fierce cat was back again. "Ow!! I am scared. Please don't kill me." I said teasingly. "I am not lying khrab. I will seriously beat you if you try something." He said in a firm voice. "Oh yeah?" I said stepping closer.

He took a step back while bringing his hand forward and clutching onto the bag he was holding very tightly. "Ae... Don't come close...." He threatened. "Well... I want to see what you can do. Let's have a karate fight." I said stepping more closer. He kept taking a step back till his back hit the wall and he stopped and looked at me.

"Now, is that all?" I asked leaning closer to him and looking into his eyes. He didn't answer but kept staring at me, his eyes blinking rapidly with his lips slightly parted and his heavy breathing. I can feel the temperature inside the room rising slowly. I realized what would follow if I continued to look at him and immediately pulled away and turned my back to him.

"The room to the left is yours. Get fresh and change. The clothes are already provided, I will order dinner." I said and then walked towards the other room without sparing a glance at him. It was for my own good because Pete looked really tempting at the moment. And his appearance was testing my self-control.