Chapter 11-Date Night

Theo Campbell just asked me on a date. I rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't hallucinating that Theo was in front of me or dreaming that this whole encounter just occurred.

I begin to giggle, brushing off the nonsense that just sprang out of his mouth. Theo couldn't possibly be serious.

"Fine, I guess I will just go back to ignoring you," Theo says. Placing his hands in his pockets calmly. Yet I could see them twitching. Was Theo nervous?

"Are you threatening me?"

"Is that what it suggests because last time I remember there is no law that states I have to take part in a conversation with you."He teases.

His glare pierces through my skin, informing me that he was serious. Although Theo could be annoying sometimes, I am not ready to be constantly ignored by him.

"Fine I'll do it but it better be somewhere I like and you have to buy me ice cream at the end of the date."

Theo's usual grin reappears causing butterflies to flutter through my stomach. Just what was this boy doing to me?

"I'll pick you up at six "He winks and pulls open the door of the janitor's closet.

"Wait where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise," he grins as he shuts the door and leaves me to stare at the blank wall in front of me in disbelief.

Interrupted from my daze, a couple so immersed in each other comes bustling in the middle of a make out. Not wanting to interrupt whatever that sloppy sight was, I hurry out of the room.

The rest of the day is a blur as I wonder in anticipation, just where my neighbour would decide to take me. Could it be to the movies? To the beach? A picnic?

I am nudged by Lailah who is staring at me expectantly.

"So, how did it go?" she asks.

"Well, it started with a rocky apology from my side and ended with him asking me on a date."

Just as I expected Lailah's reaction is to give a loud excited squeal.

I abruptly put a hand to her mouth giving silent apologies to the other students that were sitting in the library. Lailah then muffles a few incomprehensible words and then slowly licks the palm of my hand. Causing me to swiftly pull away from her mouth.

"So where is he taking you?"She asks eagerly, pupils widened and mouth curling with excitement. One might even say that she was more excited than me.

"Still a mystery to me. All I know is that it probably requires me to wear clothes and he is driving because he said he is picking me up."

I couldn't imagine Theo being the overly romantic type. He probably took every girl to the same place, swooned her with his charm and then on to the next. But then again I shouldn't make assumptions seeing as it got me to this position, not that I would mind going on another date with Theo.

*************************************************************************************************************

Choosing the outfit for the date was not as easy as I thought it would be. I couldn't possibly know what to wear when I don't know where we are going.

"Too fancy" I muttered to myself for the third time. I prop the dress unto the floor and look through my closet for another outfit.

I end up wearing a two-piece sage coloured outfit which consisted of a cute top and a matching fitted skirt. I quickly take a selfie of the outfit and send it to Lailah who insisted she saw what I was going to wear before leaving the house.