Chapter Four

Taehyung arrived at the pool at exactly 7 AM. He hoped the coach was still on his way so he could get to Jimin before practice started.

The high ceilings on the roofed pool amplified every sound inside the place. He used to hate it because it meant his coach's screams sounded louder than usual, but now he could tell something was wrong when he heard screams, even with just one foot inside the place.

Panic crawled up inside him when he realized that the sound of that voice was extremely familiar to him. He rushed to where the commotion was obviously taking place and was startled to see himself lamely splashing his arms against the water while screaming his lungs out.

But of course, it wasn't him, but Jimin.

Without thinking twice, he threw himself towards the pool and swam to the other male. His swimming skills were awkward, not used to the dancer's body. Fortunately, swimming has always been an essential part of his life, so he could probably still do it in different bodies, not perfect, but he could manage.

Once he reached Jimin's place, the dancer was no longer screaming or thrashing his arms around, but instead, he was sinking slowly to the bottom of the pool.

He felt an adrenaline rush curse through his body mixed with fear. He swam underwater until he was able to bring his own body towards the surface again. Strategically, he grabbed Jimin's arms and maneuvered the body closer to him, so Jimin's head wouldn't be underwater anymore.

As he got closer to the side of the pool where all of his teammates were silently watching, he noticed a variety of emotions all across their faces. Some were scared. Others looked somewhat surprised to see Jimin rescuing Taehyung, the star swimmer. His friends were frozen. He spotted tears streaming down Jungkook's astonished face. "Jungkook, help me get him out!" Taehyung commanded loudly. He needed his friend to start moving and help him get Jimin out of the water.

Except Jungkook was still rooted in his place, the only evidence that he wasn't a statue were the tears traveling across his cheeks. Instead, Seokjin approached them first and carefully pulled out Jimin's unconscious body from the pool. He laid him down and checked his pulse. Once he confirmed his heart was still beating, he sat him down and began slapping him hard on the back to try to get him to breathe again by spitting out all the water. Jimin reacted instantly and vomited all over the floor. He kept coughing and inhaling puffs of air violently for at least a couple more minutes.

Taehyung could still feel his heartbeat ringing in his ears and anguish pooling in his stomach. The need to comfort Jimin was too big, so without thinking he forced Seokjin to change positions with him and hugged his own body. Only when he felt the harsh breathing coming from the dancer's torso with his own hands, he felt like he could breathe again. Everyone around them seemed more confused by his actions than by the whole almost drowning event.

"Jimin..." Seokjin started, but Taehyung wasn't having any of it.

"Leave!" He screamed in Jimin's high-pitched voice. It was effective, and soon everyone was crowding into the locker rooms.

Once they were alone, he felt Jimin's hands weakly starting to push him away.

Taehyung didn't know how to react. For one, he was still scared that he almost saw someone drown. But he was also confused and mad that, that someone was Jimin in his body.

"How come you don't know how to swim?" He asked the question that has been begging to escape from his mouth ever since he saw the other struggling in the pool.

Jimin slowly lifted his head and spat some leftover water in Taehyung's face. "Fuck you, Kim."

Okay, now Taehyung was livid.