Chapter Seven

Taehyung is familiar with the swimming pool schedule. He knows when most of his teammates should be practicing, and when the pool is supposed to be deserted.

There is only one week left before Jimin's showcase, and they have been spending every free time between their schedules practicing. But now, Jimin insisted on visiting the swimming pool so that he could face his fear.

Taehyung opened the main doors of the indoor pool. Unlike Jimin, he wasn't granted a spare key, but instead, he stole them from Seokjin and made a copy of them.

"Did you bring the swimming trunks?" He addressed Jimin. The other had his eyes fixated on the enormous expanse of the olympic swimming pool.

He nodded absentmindedly, but then a frown appeared on his face as if the words just registered in, and he crossed his arms over his chest. "I can't believe I have to wear your swimming trunks."

Taehyung blinked once. "Jimin, you are literally inside my body right now, and you are wearing my underwear."

"But it is not the same as putting your clothing on my body." The elder pouted in response. "What if it doesn't fit? My ass is bigger than yours." He shrugged and crossed his arms across his chest.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. Conversation between them has flowed like that recently, playful banter but not the same as before. They were trying to be friends now.

"I'll do my best to squeeze it inside then." He replied as he walked to the dressing room after retrieving the item from Jimin's bag.

"Don't touch my ass-!" He tried to scream, but he heard the door close before he was over.

He was already wearing some swimming trunks himself. He sighed while looking at the blue water.

He could do this.

He confided in Taehyung that if anything happened, the younger one would take him out.

If someone would've told Jimin, he would be doing this with Taehyung, and in each other's bodies, he would've laughed hysterically for hours. But here he was, standing in front of the pool he almost drowned in a few days ago.

He took off the extra clothing pieces he wore and left them on a bench close to the dressing room. He then approached the pool and dipped one of his feet inside. The water was cold, but it wasn't too uncomfortable.

After he felt relaxed enough with one foot, he sat down on the edge of the pool and dipped his other foot too.

"I didn't have a hard time fitting your big ass inside," Taehyung announced as he sat down beside Jimin and mimicked his actions.

"Shut up." He bent down and splashed some water into Taehyung's face. He giggled while watching the swimmer's annoyed reaction. And maybe Taehyung would let Jimin spray him with more water if it meant he would feel more at ease (but no one needs to know that).

Their feet swung peacefully in the water, and oh, how Jimin wished the rest of his body would react the same. After a while, Taehyung softly asked him if he was ready to get into the pool.

Jimin felt dread creeping up inside him. "Tae, I'm not sure if I should continue, I don't think I'll make it."

Taehyung almost agreed instantly after hearing that Jimin used a nickname for him, but decided against it because the other hasn't stopped talking about wanting to beat his fear. Taehyung is not going to let him back down so easily (unless he sees the situation is escalating quickly).

"Jimin, you said that this is what you wanted, don't feel scared. I'm right beside you." He squeezed the dancer's hand softly to show his support.

"If we die, I'm going to spend the rest of our afterlife reminding you that this was all your fault." He sighed and clutched Taehyung's hand harder.