Chapter Eight

Jimin is happy. Scratch that, he is euphoric.

The last couple of weeks have been nothing but great. He finds himself enjoying and craving more the company of Taehyung.

He had discovered a new side of him, one that wasn't full of himself, and instead one where the younger was a dorky brat that knew how to make Jimin laugh.

Even if the stress of his performance is weighing down on him, he has seen the progress the other has made, and feels content enough. Sometimes he envies that Taehyung has his own skills and that Jimin can't dance anymore. He tried to go back into dancing with Taehyung's body, but the movements were so stiff and lacked harmony that he quickly rejected the idea and stuck with teaching Taehyung his dance routine instead. It pained him to not be able to do what he loved the most anymore. Maybe after his showcase was over, he would try dancing in Taehyung's body again. It will never be the same as dancing under his own skin though.

The only advantage of being in Taehyung's body was how he was able to overcome his fear of swimming. He is aware that it was all thanks to Taehyung (his body and also his constant motivation), and he is not sure if his body would react the same way or even know how to swim once he returns to it.

Tomorrow is his showcase and the day after that is Taehyung's competition. The younger assured him that it was fine if he didn't participate this time, and that the rest of his team could manage. But he still feels bad for not taking Taehyung's place like he is doing for him, and letting his name get into gossips about how he would be out of the team soon.

Today, they agreed to go one last time over the choreography and then chill in the pool before going to bed early. Jimin doesn't want to tire the other too much, that way he can be well rested for the performance.

Taehyung finished Jimin's classes early, so he told him he would be off to the dance practice room first. Jimin was expecting to find the younger going through the steps with ease or maybe goofing around creating his own moves that he later showed him just to annoy him. What he was not expecting though, was to find Taehyung dancing with a troubled expression and eyes swollen.

He didn't stop when he saw Jimin standing at the door through the mirror reflection, nor when he called out his name. He approached the younger and tried grabbing his wrist, only to be yanked away by Taehyung when his hand brushed his skin.

"Tae? What's wrong?" He murmured softly and took one step forward, but Taehyung reeled one back at the same time. He felt a pang in his chest as he watched the younger's sad eyes.

"Nothing that matters to you." He snarled back. Although Taehyung's voice was harsh, Jimin felt like he was trying to get close to a wounded animal. It stinged him to see the younger's eyes look so vulnerable.

"We are friends, you can tell me anything." Jimin tried again. He really had no idea what could've possibly triggered his outburst.

"Are we?" Taehyung scoffed dryly. "We've just been spending time together because we were fucking forced to." His indifferent tone punched Jimin's heart.

"Is that really what you think?" He was convinced that after the starry night they shared together something in their relationship shifted and that at least they were on friendly territory now.

"Why would you want to be friends with someone as shallow as me?" Taehyung demanded instead.

"Tae, what are you talking about?" Jimin was so lost.

"Hoseok told me everything." He explained. "He told me how you think I'm a useless fuckboy who would be nothing if it weren't for my looks." Taehyung's jaw started trembling, he was clearly upset.