Chapter Six

Jimin is surprised.

It's the next day after his initial dance practice with Taehyung, and the younger is doing much better than the previous day.

He was hitting all the right moves, and even though it still felt like watching a stranger in his body, it wasn't as awkward as last time. The vibe wasn't the same, but it was apparent Taehyung was genuinely trying to put more effort into not only following the choreography but also putting more emotions into his movements.

There was still more left of the song, but so far, only people who knew Jimin on a deeper level would be able to tell his usual dainty steps were replaced by sharper yet still fluid moves.

And Jimin didn't really dislike the change.

After Taehyung finished, he clapped in approval, startling the other.

"Much better. Did you practice more yesterday?" He inquired.

The younger's face was flushed from the physical activity (Jimin blushes easily), but the dancer could swear he saw the tips of his ears turn even redder.

"Yeah, and I watched all of the videos you sent." He scratched the back of his neck and avoided Jimin's gaze.

Jimin was dumbfounded. "You watched all of them?!" The swimmer nodded as he looked everywhere but Jimin. "Taehyung, there were over twenty videos!" He squealed in disbelief. "I just send all of them so you would have a variety to choose from, not for you to watch all of them in a day!"

The swimmer just shrugged and turned away from him. Jimin could still spot the red tips of his ears. "I had nothing else to do." He explained in a monotonous voice. "Let's keep dancing, okay?"

Jimin agreed and decided against teasing the younger further.

Taehyung had barely complained today, and although Jimin is grateful for that, he finds the change in attitude very sudden. He brushed it off and blamed it on the other being tired enough of complaining and resumed the practice.

The progress was great, and Jimin felt less anxious seeing that Taehyung was performing better. It was getting late, and he could tell the younger was getting hungrier as time passed, so he decided to cut the practice short.

After the song was over, he went over the speakers and turned them off. Taehyung was startled when the music stopped and looked over at him.

"I think we can stop for today. I can hear your stomach growling at me."

Taehyung laughed. "It's your stomach, and for that, I demand you feed me because the is no food at your dorm. And you said I did good today, so I believe I deserve it!"

This brat.

"So it's my stomach now? What happened to ours?" Jimin smiled even if Taehyung was behaving like a child. "Let's go then. I know a good place where we can grab some food."

Taehyung was flabbergasted. He didn't think the elder would actually agree. He decided no to question him in case he changed his mind.

They didn't talk throughout the way. To be honest, Taehyung preferred the silence over the constant bickering between the two of them. It felt nice to not have harsh words between them for once.

Jimin guided them to a fried chicken establishment outside of their college. The dancer doesn't usually indulge in greasy food since he is constantly looking after his weight and health, but Hoseok had taken him to this place before whenever he was feeling down or after a successful performance.

He wasn't sure why he was taking the younger here, but seeing his doe eyes scanning the place made him feel like it was worth it.

After sitting down, he asked Taehyung. "Is this your first time here?"