chapter 14

*Stiles pov*

It was after Derek and I had left the room after, erm, cleaning up that I realized the whole pack was waiting on us. I had assumed that with everything going on they would be training or trying to find lead's on the alpha pack or the people that captured me, but they weren't.

They were here.

My heart felt full when I walked down the stairs, feeling put on the spot when everyone stops to stare at me.

I feel myself getting shy at the attention and give them a small smile, "Hi guys."

They were all up instantly, damn those werewolf powers, and surrounding me.

Lydia throws her arms around me before bursting into tears, "I can't believe you're finally here."

Patting her arm to facilitate comfort, I let out a deep breath and hug her back harder.

"I missed you." I murmur into her hair before finally pulling back to look at her face.

Lydia sniffles and tries to air her face with one hand, "We can catch up later, everyone else deserves some time too."

Nodding, I watch her walk into the kitchen before I am getting tackled me to the ground.

"Who the fu-" I start off but it dies out when Issac is staring at me with the biggest grin on his face.

Wasting no time, I tackle him back into a bear hug, "Holy hell I missed your annoying ass."

Issac smacks me upside the head but his smile doesn't leave his face, "I'm so glad you're back, I've never understood how stupid these people are until the only source of intelligence disappears."

Laughter bubbles out of me and I peek a glance at Derek to see him watching me happily before turning back to Issac, "I'm so glad my intelligence is being thoroughly appreciated."

Scott jumps on top of us, "Hey, i've always told you that you're the smart one."

I flick his forehead, "Yes, but Issac is actually appreciating it."

He frowns at me playfully in response before pulling Issac back to sit on the couch. Issac takes his seat on Scott's lap and I feel happiness thunder through me at the mere presence of my friends.

Then, Malia approaches me.

"Babe! I've missed you so much," She sniffles but it seems forced since she doesn't look remotely sad, "I searched every inch of Beacon Hills to find you."

I hear a low growl from the living room area but I ignore it since I know it belongs to a very grumpy wolf.

I laugh awkwardly at her, "Well not every inch, cause i've been here, you know, the whole time."

Malia's face drops and she glowers at me, "Excuse me for not being aware that I had to search underground fight clubs to find you."

"No one knew, I wasn't blaming you." I try softly, not wanting to upset her.

My words were lost on her ears as she steps forward and pokes me hard in the chest, "You could've tried harder to reach us."

Scoffing at her, I start again but with my annoyance climbing, "Don't start. Do not act like I chose that situation. I did everything I could to survive and that was barely enough."

Her eyes began to shine an icy blue, "There were a million ways to get word out or to find a loophole. You claim you're so smart, but how did that help you when you were sitting on your ass, doing god knows what. We have been exhausting ourselves trying to find leads or any information while you got time off."