chapter 11

*Derek's pov*

It's been a few weeks now, Stiles can walk as long as he's using a cane, or any kind of support. He's still depressed though, but I can't blame him, he supposedly went through a lot. I don't say it condescendingly, I can only assume what has happened to him.

Stiles refuses to tell anybody what happened, sometimes he'll get flashbacks and he will sit on the ground shaking and panicking. It scares me to death, but I just try to listen to what he's saying.

Scott is over more now, which is not surprising since they're practically brothers. The sheriff has been working a lot since there's been some questions about Stiles and the other kid that went missing, but I think Stiles has started to care more about him not being around. He'll start to say something to his dad when he's here, but then stop and apologize. It's agonizing to watch, and my frustration only build since i'm no closer to finding out who did this.

*Stiles pov*

Derek won't stop asking me about what happened, and i'm getting agitated.

I sigh at him, "I don't want to talk about it yet."

Derek just closes his eyes, takes a big breath to calm himself, and then went to the kitchen. He didn't make anything, just sat there and watched my shadow on the couch.

"Get over here, you moron." I grumble at him when he doesn't come back.

Derek's face went all grouchy which made me smile genuinely for the first time since my release. A small, fleeting moment where I wasn't consumed by the demons in my head, in this moment I was just happy at the man who's been here for me always. Derek's face immediately broke into a smile, like a child on Christmas morning.

He giddily made his way over and situated himself next to me on the couch, but even the few inches were too far. I took a breath and situated myself on his lap, waiting for panic to overwhelm me but none came. I don't know why I was surprised by this, after all, he was my safe place.

Shoving the dazed thoughts back, I sigh, "I can't explain what happened without having panic attacks, can you watch instead?"

Derek stared at me with confusion laced through his face, until I put his human hand to the back of my neck. The implication clear from my sudden determined stature and the exact place I put his hand.

He shook his head, "This could kill you, I can't risk losing you."

I rolled my eyes, it would be worth it for the both of us. The pain would be temporary and then I would have Derek finally understand my grief over the entire situation.

"The probability of you killing me is higher every time we hang out compared to this." I deadpan at him, which makes his growl into my neck as he rests his head there. Derek ghosts his lips over the area where my neck meets my shoulders, making me shiver.

I'm getting more like myself everyday.

His movements slowly pause, but he's shaking his head before clearing his face of emotion, trying to hide to fear that was portraying in his eyes.

I release a shaky breath of my own, "It's okay Derek."

He shook his face again, as if I was hurting him when he thought about it. My hands move to cup his jaw on both sides, and I didn't need to say anything for him to understand me. I wanted this.

Swallowing hard, I shove my nerves away and lean forward to capture his lips. It takes him by surprise based on how his hands grip my hips so suddenly, but it's gone as quick as it came and his lips are moving with mine. It was a heated kiss, both of us moving wildly while our tongues explored the other. When I pull away, I'm gasping for air but smiling like a damn idiot.