chapter 13

*Stiles pov*

The fire set on my body left me writhing on the inside, everything encased in black as I trembled at the pain. The fire consumed my whole inside before spreading to the outside, and the burn shocked my brain until it broke through the holding that was paralyzing him.

The ferocity of the wave of pain caused me to jerk awake, screeching at the hurt it caused me to simply exist. My breaths came from me in heavy pants, as I eyed the room I was in. The room was a tan and brown filled room, painting the walls as well as the furniture placed in here. I didn't recognize the room, this place must be completely new. The bed I was on was softer than anything i've felt, allowing me to sink into it perfectly. Blankets were layered over me, keeping my meek body safe and warm.

Purple played softly on the ceiling, a beautiful rich purple that leaves your soul feeling peaceful. It was only when I noticed there were no objects that the purple light could be reflecting on that I pushed myself into a sitting position. The purple rays moved with my body, now shining on the middle of the wall in front of me.

My hands wavered when they reached for my face.

Is it coming from my eyes?

I placed my hand over one of my eyes, a breath leaving me when the light disappeared. Grabbing my phone, I took a look at my face to be filled with dread.

What have I become?

Panic encased me as the unknown of what creature I could've possibly become was the only thought in my mind. This could be something I couldn't control, this could be a creature with limited time.

All was unknown to me, which wasn't something I was used to or particularly excited about.

My purple eyes were shining so brightly that the room lit up wherever I turned, which gave me a constant reminder that I was in a foreign place.

Trying to collect myself, I laid back in the bed, breathing heavily, attempting to diminish any of the anger and fear fueling my body.

My breaths came in through my nose and out through my mouth, a tactic usually for panic attacks was now a grasp at straws to contain the beast within.

My mind wandered to the pack, and how there wasn't a single person in sight or within hearing distance. All I heard was my heart pounding in my ears. 

Anger consumed me despite my efforts and I sat up in a fury, climbing to my feet like a child throwing a tantrum. I watched in a mirror I hadn't noticed before, my purple eyes paired with my elongated canines and flared nostrils. I looked like a rabid dog found in an alleyway.

After having enough of the theatrics, I focused on my pain, or rather, the lack of.

My neck was buzzing where Derek had his claws buried hours ago, if it was even only a few hours later now. My legs worked completely fine despite the trauma that had me limping, but the bite marks from the Alpha pack were still there, only now they were shining white scars.

The knowledge consumed me until I closed my eyes and took one last deep breath, feeling calmer than I had in years. When my eyes fluttered back open, I was met with the sight of my original honey colored eyes.

"Never thought I'd be happy to see my regular face again." I mumble to myself as my heart rate continued to fall back into a normal beat.

My lip catches between my teeth as I lift my shirt to study the wounds and scars from my time in capture, but I was conflicted to find them gone. Happy that there were no more reminders of that awful time, but now there was no proof of what I've gone through. There was no blood, as though someone cleaned me up while I was unconscious, and there wasn't a trace of any damage left. All I was left with were the bite marks littered randomly on my body.