chapter 8

*Stiles pov*

I didn't fall asleep at all, but I kept my eyes closed. It was easy to hear my dad clambering around to make food, and then once he was done he shouted my name a few time. His tone was fearful, it was obvious.

My mind couldn't decide if it was because I was a monster, or because I hadn't responded to him. He jogged in and sighed in relief when he saw me "snoozing" on the couch. He left me alone in the living room and went back to the kitchen.

About 10 minutes later there was a knock at the door, and my dad scrambled to get it. I heard him open the door quickly to not squeak it, and tell Derek and Scott softly that I was asleep.

I steadied my heartbeat so they would believe him. I had time to think since they were all in the kitchen eating, and to be honest my thinking was beginning to decline towards something dark.

I hated myself, I killed so many people. I was a monster, werewolf or not. I didn't want to talk to anyone because they would be sympathetic. I didn't deserve sympathy. I didn't want to know anyone because Void would know exactly who I loved if he came back. I wanted to be exiled from the world, I wanted them to hate me. I want them to tell me it's all my fault that so many people died, to give me the motivation to actually take action.

I had finally come to a conclusion, I had to leave eventually, for the well-being of everyone in Beacon Hills.

The tiny voice in my head argued with me.

So much running.

I heard chairs scraping the floor as they moved back and then shoved back under the table. Scott, Derek, and my dads footsteps made their way into the living room. I felt my heart move a beat faster and clenched my teeth, they're gonna know. I feel the couch slope down where somebody sits next to me. Dad is in his recliner so I'm guessing it's Scott, Derek thinks i'm just pathetic and annoying.

I almost flinch when Derek talks, "Has he done any better?"

My dad sighed, "He came home and said he was tired, he was out when I came back with food."

I heard sniffing, and then Scott spoke, "He smells so sad."

I visibly freeze and they go silent.

"Stiles?" My dad speaks softly, as though I am a scared child.

You are Stiles.

I unfreeze and try to act like nothing happened, they're silent for a while but then they begin their talk once again. Nothing about me, why would they? Just about a pack meeting tomorrow. After finishing their conversations, they get up and leave. My dad says goodnight to the two men quietly before sneaking upstairs to his room.

I finally rise, brushing the blankets off quietly and stretching to get the creaks out. I tiptoe to the door, trying not to creak the floorboards while getting to the kitchen. My body is in unbearable pain once again, so I swallow some painkillers and run to the back door.

I open the door, slide out and slam it shut.

Do you want them to stop you? What are you doing?

My eyes widened at the noise and I walked as fast as I could into the woods. I look back to see all the lights on in the house and hear my father screaming my name, causing my heart to ache. I move quicker and hope to deal with injuries later.

*Dereks pov*

It's three in the morning when the sheriff calls me.

"Hello?" I groggily rubbed my eyes.