CHAPTER 6: STANDARD - PART 2

Edo Phoenix couldn't believe what had just happened. He was about to seal the traitor Sora Shiunin into a card, but then this stranger came out of nowhere and protected him. 'Where did this guy come from?! How did he protect Sora from being sealed into a card?! And how in the hell did HE not get carded himself?!' Edo couldn't answer any of those questions. It was impossible to stop someone from being sealed once the process started. Or rather, it was supposed to be impossible.

Yuzu and Sora stared dumbfounded at Yugi's sudden appearance. They never imagined that he would turn up when they needed help the most. 'First Yugi appeared to save Yuya, and now he's here to help me and Sora. How did he even know?' Yuzu asked herself, completely bewildered. Sora had similar thoughts, wondering just how he stopped Edo from carding him.

Yugi Muto, now merged with the soul of Atem, gazed upon the surprised pair he just helped. "Yuzu, Sora, are you two alright?" He asked. Even his voice sounded stronger than normal, surprising them even more.

"I-I'm okay." Yuzu said in a slightly shaky voice.

"I may look a little banged up, but I'll manage." Sora said as he struggled to get back up. Yuzu quickly moved to help him. "Thanks for saving me, by the way." Yugi smiled.

"You are welcome. I should be thanking you for keeping Yuzu out of harms way. Now..." Yugi said as he refocused his attention on Edo. "Yuzu, you take Sora and stay back. I will handle this." Though stunned and confused by his sudden change, Yuzu nodded as she and Sora move to a huge crate beside the warehouse entrance. Edo finally regained his own voice at this point.

"Who are you?! Identify yourself!" He demanded of his new acquaintance.

"I am Yugi Muto, and I've come to stop Leo Akaba from taking Yuzu Hiragi! Your fight is with me now, Edo Phoenix!" Yugi strongly declared as he activated his Duel Disk. The trio present were surprised even further.

"Yugi's here... to protect me?" Yuzu asked herself.

'What? How did he know about the Professor's plan? How does he even know about the Professor to begin with?' Sora asked himself in his mind. Edo was just as shocked by Yugi's declaration.

"Protect Yuzu? How do you even know...?" Edo then came to a shocking realization as he gasped. "It's you! You're the Duelist I've been warned about! You are Yuzu's real protector, not Sora!" Edo exclaimed. Yugi's only reply was a confident smile, which infuriated the Commander-In-Chief.

"He what?" Sora couldn't help but ask aloud. Yuzu was just as stumped as he was.

"It's time to duel, Edo! Face me!" Yugi challenged. Edo sneered as he also activated his Duel Disk in response.

"Things may not have gone as planned, but I WILL win in the end! Prepare to be destroyed, Yugi Muto!" The energy could be felt from both combatants as their epic battle began.

"DUEL!"

(Yugi/Atem: 4000) (Edo: 4000)

"I will go first! My turn! I Summon Destiny Hero Drillguy!" (DARK; Level 4; ATK: 1600; DEF: 1200) An orange and black creature covered in drills now stood before it's enemy. "I Set 2 cards facedown and end my turn! Now show me why I should take you seriously!" Edo demanded angrily.

"As you wish. My turn! Draw!" Yugi and Atem began to see a way to take down their opponent... and maybe rattle him a bit. But first they need to buy a little time. "First, I play my Pot of Greed! This allows me to draw 2 more cards from my Deck! Then I Set 5 cards facedown, and end my turn!" This move confused everyone.

"He only Set cards, but not Summon any Monsters?" Yuzu asked, bewildered.

"What's he up to?" Sora questioned. Edo snorted.