Chapter 13: GX - PART 2

Yusho and Asuka led their students back to the main Academy building for their qualification exams. They could tell they were excited about being accepted and getting into those new dorms. The two were also pleased that they started to put aside their misgivings about Obelisk Blue. Well, all but one, as they and Rei noticed when they glanced at a certain indigo haired girl trailing in the back.

Serena was deep in thought, not paying particular attention to where she was going while holding her bracelet. She really was looking forward to starting her new life at Duel Academy like her fellow students. She had no doubt she would get into the dorm she desired. That was not all on her mind, however. The girl actually had two things troubling her.

First, and foremost, was her negative feelings about the Obelisk Blue dorm. She listened as the boys and girls compared notes on their tours of the separate buildings that comprised of the highest qualified students in the school. Apparently the girls really liked the girl dorm's overall design, the gourmet dining, and the hot tubs just on the other side. The boys were just as impressed with the other building.

Serena herself couldn't care less about what Obelisk Blue had to offer. She absolutely refused to have any association with it if she could avoid it. 'I cannot believe what I'm hearing. How could they say how much they liked visiting those damned dorm buildings? Have they forgotten how much grief the Obelisk Force caused back in Academia?! This dorm shares the same name as them!' Serena wanted to yell at them and demand to know why they should be acting they way they were. Instead, she kept silent, keeping her inner most thoughts to herself.

The other thing bothering her was something she never felt before...something she couldn't quite name. Seeing Judai starting to spend time with the Asuka Tenjoin he personally knew made her feel...unsettled. It wasn't just that, either. She saw how that other girl, Rei, practically threw herself at Judai and seemed like she wanted time with him too. 'Rei...that other Asuka...why are they so interested in being with Judai? Why is this bothering me for that matter? It shouldn't be making me feel like this!' But it did make her feel that way. The more Serena pictured the other Asuka or Rei hanging out with Judai...the more she felt like beating them to death. She just couldn't understand why.

"Hey, Serena right? What's up? Pre exam jitters?" Serena's troubling thoughts were interrupted by Rei, one of the very girls she didn't want near Judai. She then tried to act nonchalant.

"No jitters here. I have every intention of acing those tests, no sweat." Rei smiled at her enthusiasm and determination.

"Good to hear. I didn't have any trouble in my entry exams either." Serena then remembered something unanswered from earlier.

"You didn't answer Asuka's question from before. Why do you wear a jacket that doesn't match the dorm you're staying in?" She asked. Rei chuckled.

"Oh, that's just a personal choice. I've known and seen students move to different dorms but still keep the jackets they had before when they got into their previous dorms. Even though I'm an Obelisk, I still choose to wear the Osiris jacket because I started there. Plus... whenever I put it on, I'm reminded of the times I spent with Judai when he was a student." Rei looked up dreamily at the sky when she said that. Good thing too, because at that moment Serena balled her fists and slightly shook them.

"Why do you and Asuka like to be with Judai?" She blurted out before she could stop herself. Rei turned to her in surprise, especially when she heard an angry tone in the younger girl's voice.

"I don't know about Asuka, but me? Um, because he's awesome and cute? Plus, I guess I kind of always had a thing for older guys. Why do you ask? And why do you sound like you hate us?" Rei asked, now concerned about Serena's attitude toward her. Serena stopped walking and faced the older girl.