Chapter 23: ARC-V - PART 9

"What a beautiful day this is." Said the yellow eyed man looking over a western looking town, his home. He was tall with long pale blue hair and long bangs hanging over his face. This man also had a long yellow mark running down the right side of his face. He smiled and breathed in the morning air from his open bedroom window. He wore a short sleeved shirt, long pants and boots.

"I agree. Satisfaction Town looks more wonderful in the morning light." Kiryu smiled as he turned to the beautiful woman wearing a nightgown standing with him. She had piercing emerald eyes and blonde hair that flowed down her back.

"It is even more beautiful with you here, Sherry Leblanc." Kiryu said as he held the woman, smiling. The woman smiled in return as they shared a kiss.

"Kiryu Kyosuke, you sweet talker. You're not just saying that because of our "fun" last night, are you?" The woman replied teasingly, making Kiryu laugh.

Kiryu met Sherry when she rode into town about a week ago on her D-Wheel. He could tell by looking at her that she was a tortured soul like he was. Kiryu approached Sherry while she was getting a drink. They started with some small talk at first before going into their own personal histories. The two realized they had quite a bit in common. They both lost everything in their respective pasts, wanted revenge for their own reasons, and they both knew the man that never gave up on them, Yusei Fudo. Also, they both sought redemption for their previous mistakes. Before long they began to feel comfortable with one another.

They spent the rest of the day discussing the past and hopes for the future. Overtime, they quickly grew close. Their relationship reached to a certain point last night, when they... got together. Kiryu and Sherry realized how much they both missed in life and wanted to make up for it. Kiryu grinned down at his new girl.

"What?" Sherry asked, confused by the look he gave her.

"Nothing. It's just... we've only just met, and yet I feel..."

"Like you found something you never thought you were looking for." Sherry finished for him. Kiryu felt the same way as he nodded.

"Exactly. All my life it was not just about survival, but also to find satisfaction in it. I thought I found that satisfaction after my old team took over Satellite. But in truth, I never actually knew what it was that could satisfy me... until you rode into town." He said fondly. Sherry smirked while taking his hand.

"The night my parents were murdered, I lost a part of myself. For years I desired vengeance for what happened. Nothing else mattered to me. I forgot what I had lost as a child. After Yusei and his friends stopped Z-one, I still felt broken inside. Even though I knew my family could rest and promised my late dad I would live for the future, for justice... it just wasn't enough for me. Mizoguchi has been by my side my whole life, but even he couldn't help me figure out what I needed to truly move on." Sherry then wrapped her arms around Kiryu's waist, and smiled up at him. "It wasn't until I met you that I remembered what I lost. The one thing I thought I could never do..."

"Which was?" Kiryu asked, already knowing the answer.

"I lost my ability... to love. You helped me get it back. For that, I will always be grateful." She said before kissing him again.

"That's us alright, just a couple of broken souls hooking up in a town in the west." Kiryu said.

"Sounds poetic." Sherry said. The couple chuckled and gazed into each other's eyes for a moment.

"I am glad to have met you, Sherry." Kiryu said in a tender voice.

"Me too." The blonde responded affectionately.