Chapter 10: 5D'S - PART 1

(A.N. This takes place prior to the STANDARD chapters)

"No! Yusei! Sergey's going to kill him!" Rin cried out.

"Actually, from the way that bastard talked, I think he plans for both of them to go down! But hell if I let that happen! HANG ON RIN!" Yugo warned as he sped to catch up with Yusei and Sergey.

"Yugo! What're you doing?!" Rin yelled, holding on to him for dear life. Yugo didn't answer, trying to focus all his attention on saving their new friend.

As hard as he tried, Yusei couldn't break free. He cursed for letting this happen. Sergey continued his insane laughter as they neared the edge. "YES! NOW THIS SHALL BE BEAUTIFUL!" Just as they were both about to go over, Yugo rammed his D-Wheel into Sergey's to force him away from Yusei. This collision actually caused all three vehicles to fly off the bridge at the same time!

During the free fall, Sergey did separate from them, still laughing as he fell. Yusei, seeing Yugo and Rin now falling beside him, reached out to them with his right hand. Yugo then reached out with his right. The moment Yusei grabbed Yugo, a few things happened all at once.

First, a red mark shaped like a Dragon's head started glowing on Yusei's right arm. Then Yugo's eyes glowed green and began to scream in pain. Rin's bracelet began to glow bright green as well as she continued to hold on to Yugo. And lastly, all three were consumed by a massive crimson colored dragon that came out of the sky... and then they were gone. All was quiet once again in the City. Inside the giant creature, on the other hand, things couldn't have been more intense.

Within the beast, Yusei and the two teens appeared to be in a black space with flashing stars passing by. They didn't have time to gaze, for one of them was in great pain. Yugo was still screaming terribly, like he was having the life ripped out of him. He held a hand over his heart as he screamed, while the other was being held firmly by Yusei. Yugo's eyes continued to glow green as this was happening. He was also struggling to break free, but Yusei held him tight.

As she held on to her friend, Rin noticed that the bracelet she was wearing was also giving off a green glow, but in a brighter tone than Yugo's eyes. She also saw the red mark on Yusei's arm. Both of those, however, paled in comparison to her concern with Yugo's condition. "Yugo?! Can you hear me?! Yugo?!" Her friend did not seem to hear her as his screaming persisted. Rin then turned to Yusei. "Yusei?! Where are we?! What the hell's wrong with Yugo?!"

Although surprised and confused at first, Yusei quickly understood their situation. Seeing both his mark and Rin's bracelet glow after the two of them coming into contact with Yugo somehow told him what needed to be done. "Rin, listen to me! No matter what, don't release Yugo! We both have to keep hold of him until it's over!"

"Until what is over?! What are you talking about?!" Rin yelled, starting to sound angry. Yusei remained calm as he tried to reassure her.

"You must trust me! I promise, Yugo will be alright! Just don't let go!" He instructed. Although scared as hell and extremely confused, Rin did as he said and kept a firm hold on her friend. At this point, Yugo was now covered by the green light of Rin's bracelet. Before long, Rin and Yusei heard a roar from above and looked up. It was the Crimson Dragon itself, and it was coming straight for them. Yusei saw that Rin was about to cover Yugo, scared for her friend's life. "Rin! Don't move! Let it come to Yugo!" Rin looked at him like he had lost his marbles.

"Are you insane?! That thing is going to kill him!" She argued.

"It won't harm him! Trust me!" He told her again. As much as she didn't like it, she backed off as he instructed. As she did, the Crimson Dragon had reached them and grabbed Yugo with it's front claws. His screaming intensified as the creature began to pull something out of Yugo. Rin's eyes widened with fear and gasped as she saw a dark form being forcibly removed from Yugo's body. Soon that darkness took on the appearance of a dragon with the same dark glowing eyes as Yugo.