Chapter 39: ARC-V - PART 25

Heartland Square was packed with people, anxiously waiting for the match mentioned earlier. In the center stood the two individuals that were about to face off: Yuma Tsukumo and Kaito Tenjo. All eyes were on them as they stood ready. Yugi and Yuya's group watched from Yuma's side, while Allen and Sayaka stood at Kaito's.

"Kaito's going to kick his ass." Allen said with no shred of doubt.

"I don't know. We saw Yuma defeat Dennis in just a single turn." Sayaka pointed out, but Allen shrugged it off.

"Dennis was nothing compared to Kaito. He's the best!" He told her. Sayaka knew how good their friend was, but she can't help but feel he will won't be able to beat Yuma so easily.

"So which of them do you think is going to win?" Yuzu asked Yugi.

"I've actually never seen Yuma or Kaito duel before, so it should be interesting to find out." He told her.

"What do you think, dad?" Yuya asked.

"I don't know about Yuma, but Kaito is a strong and talented Duelist. He shouldn't be underestimated." Yusho replied.

"This ought to be fun either way." Yuri said, wanting the action to start. As everyone gathered, Astral came out of the Key and stood next to Yuma.

"If this Kaito is anything like the one we know, this will be in a tough Duel." He told the him. The boy nodded while smiling. Yuma was actually hoping for that.

In the center of the Square, Yuma and Kaito slipped on their Duel Disks. "Are you ready, Yuma Tsukumo? I don't plan to hold back!" Yuma grinned.

"Heck yeah! I'm definitely going to go all out! Let's do this Kaito!" Yuma replied, activating his Duel Disk. Kaito returned the grin as he also turned on his own Duel Disk. With that, the match began.

"DUEL!"

(Yuma: 4000) (Kaito: 4000)

"If it is alright with you Yuma, I'll let you take the first turn." Kaito said.

"Fine by me. My turn! I Summon Goblindbergh!" (EARTH; Level 4; ATK: 1400; DEF: 0) A green goblin in a fighter plan flew to it's position on the Field. "Now I activate my Monster's Effect! When Goblindbergh is Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Monster from my hand! I Special Summon Bull Blader!" (EARTH; Level 4; ATK: 1600; DEF: 1200) A minotaur in orange and gray armor and red horns appeared while holding a huge sword.

'Two Level 4 Monsters. You're starting to become predictable Yuma.' Kaito thought, expecting to see Number 39: King of Wishes – Hope. Allen and Sayaka also believed it would appear. They were all wrong.

"I Overlay the Level 4 Goblindbergh and Bull Blader! With these two Monsters, I build the Overlay Network! Xyz Summon! Come forth, sheathed in light! Shining lord who slashes through the dark! Rank 4! Heroic Champion - Excalibur!" (LIGHT; Rank 4; ATK: 2000; DEF: 2000) Now opposing Kaito was a dark red armored warrior holding a somewhat smaller sword than Bull Blader, but not by much. "Then I Set three cards facedown and end my turn."

"Hey, that's not the Monster he used last time!" Allen said in surprise.

"I wonder why he didn't Summon it? That was his Ace Monster, wasn't it?" Sayaka asked. Even Kaito could not hide his reaction.

'He didn't Summon his "Number" Monster. He must be saving it for later. Still, I shouldn't let my guard down.' He decided to see exactly what Yuma had planned. "Interesting start. I hope you're prepared. My turn! Draw!" Kaito liked what he had. "When my opponent controls a Monster from the Extra Deck while I have no Monsters, I can Special Summon Cipher Twin Raptor from my hand!" (LIGHT; Level 4; ATK: 1600; DEF: 800) A mechanized violet velociraptor with multicolored wings appeared on Kaito's Field. "Since I have Special Summoned a "Cipher" Monster, I can Special Summon Cipher Biplane from my hand as well! I Special Summon it in Defense Mode!" (LIGHT; Level 6; ATK: 1000; DEF: 2000) A plane made of blue, purple, and gold light flew downward to join Kaito's first Monster.