Chapter 28: ARC-V - PART 14

Once all the teams had left, Reiji turned to face the main group. "I strongly suggest we wrap up this meeting now so that we can evacuate. My father can't be far behind the rest of his troops." They all agreed, especially Yugi and the other protectors.

"Right. The sooner we leave, the better." Yugi said. The others all nodded. Then he added: "If anyone here wants to say something to Yuya and Yuzu's counterparts before we end the connection, now's the time." Reiji then decided to go first and speak to the girl he tried to help before.

"Serena, I'm relieved that someone succeeded where I failed three years ago." He then glanced at Judai, who gave him a thumbs up. "I do hope you're happy where you are now."

"Reiji..." Serena said with a smirk. "Thanks. I think I'm going to be just fine." Serena then turned to Yusho. "Yusho Sakaki... I'm glad you're with your family again." Yusho smiled back.

"Thank you. So am I." He replied, looking at his wife and son with loving affection. Yuya and Yoko smiled back.

"Thanks for everything. Do me a favor. When you see Asuka again, tell her I said thanks... for being a friend." Serena requested.

"I most certainly will Serena." Yusho replied.

"Yugo and Rin..." The Jack Atlas of that world said, getting the Synchro pair's attention. They were flabbergasted when they saw him approach. "Before the meeting got started, Yusei mentioned you two and that one of you is a "talented" Riding Duelist. He also asked me to duel that someone when all is said and done. I take it you must be him?" Jack asked Yugo directly, to the shock of the young duo.

"Yusei told you about me?! About us?!" Yugo answered in total surprise as he glanced at Yusei, who smiled at them.

"What did you say to him?" Rin asked in wonder.

"I told him I would." Jack said while smirking. Yugo and Rin gawked at Yusei again before turning back to Jack.

"Holy crap! I get to duel with not one but two versions of Jack Atlas?!" Jack raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"It's a long story." Rin said, very surprised that their Jack agreed to have to a duel with Yugo. 'Now I'm not sure which Duel I want to see more. Yugo's Duel with our Jack Atlas, or the one from Yusei's world.' It didn't really matter to her though. Either way, Yugo would no doubt enjoy both.

"So... just to be clear, you are the Jack Atlas of our world, right?" Yugo asked nervously.

"I am. Yusei also mentioned you and your girlfriend are fans of mine." Jack said. Both Yugo and Rin blushed furiously.

"Oh, no no no! We are fans, definitely! But the other thing! We are just friends, Jack Atlas, sir!" Yugo explained, looking flustered.

"He's right, sir! Nothing's going on between us!" Rin added, though she wished that wasn't actually true. Jack chuckled before changing the subject.

"Anyway Yugo, I will look forward for you to return so that we can have our Duel. If Yusei thinks highly of you, then I'm sure I won't be disappointed. And I expect you to be by his side the whole time, Rin." Jack said as he walked back to the rest of the group. Yugo and Rin stared at one another, hardly believing it.

"Okay, now I really need to be at the top of my game when I face off with the Jack Atlas of Yusei's world! If I can handle him, I can definitely take on our Jack!" Yugo said, sounding energized.

"Yeah, I will make sure you are ready for both of them!" Rin replied.

While Jack conversed with Yugo and Rin, the Kaito Tenjo of this world came up to the pair he personally knew. "Yuto, Ruri... it's good to see you two. I'm relieved to know that you're both fine." The Xyz couple nodded at their friend and fellow comrade from the Resistance.