Chapter 37: ARC-V - PART 23

"Heh. That man has really gone off the rails, hasn't he? And people thought I was the monster." Zarc said with amusement as he watched Leo Akaba talking to Yugi Muto and those with him through the light sphere.

"You knew him yourself, didn't you Zarc?" Lightning asked, still standing on Zarc's shoulder. The Demon Duelist nodded.

"I did, back when I was no different than any other human. He was a brilliant scientist, and he was partly responsible for how I became "The Demon Duelist". He did want to stop me from destroying the world of course, but his self righteous daughter got in my way instead." He replied with a hatful undertone.

"Her name was Ray, wasn't it?" E'Rah asked from her spot in the darkness.

"It was." Zarc told her as he growled, remembering bitterly how Ray stopped him. He could never forgive her for what she did. Her actions hurt him even more because he used to love her, then she turned her back on him. "She betrayed me. For that, I wanted to see her die. Only it didn't work out that way." E'Rah smiled devilishly.

"Not to worry, my love. Once I help you become "complete" again, revenge shall be all yours." She told him.

"Oh, I cannot wait for that E'Rah." He said to her, sounding very eager for their plan to come to fruition.

"Patience, friend. I do not believe we will have to wait much longer... before they come to us." Lightning told him with a laugh, along with E'Rah. Zarc then laughed with them both.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Father..." Ray said to herself, feeling great pity to the man that had raised her. There on Cyberse World, she, the four Ignis, and Daitokuji were observing Yugi and the his group conversing with her father through a window Ray made with her unusual abilities. They all heard what he said to them.

"He truly has become heartless." Daitokuji noted, with Pharaoh meowing sadly as he was held in Ray's arms.

"To think he once cared about humanity. Humans like him should know better." Flame said, sounding angry.

"Committing global genocide in order to revive what he lost is both hypocritical and morally wrong." Earth added.

"Even we know better than that, and we are not even human." Windy said.

"He is too consumed by guilt and loss to see the wrongness of his actions. I truly feel pity for him." Aqua said.

"My father does not see that he has become as much a monster as Zarc was. He cannot be allowed to do this. Yugi and the others have to stop him here and now." Ray said firmly. She also hoped that Playmaker was successful on his end. He and his allies would be needed before long. Those thoughts left her mind as Ray and those with her watched the Duel against her father get underway. "Win... for everyone's sakes." Ray whispered.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Ready Yuya?" Yugi asked as he now activated his Duel Disk. Yuya smiled at him before facing forward.

"I am!" Yuya replied, slipping on and turning on his own Duel Disk. "I will fight to protect Yuzu from Reiji's father! I've fought for Yuzu before, and I'm more than willing to do it again!"

"Well said, son of Yusho Sakaki! Let us do this!" Reiji confirmed as he too turned his Duel Disk on. 'Now is the best time to use our secret weapon...' As he thought this while smiling, a computer voice spoke from his and Yuya's Disks.

"Field Magic: Crossover Activated." At once, dozens of glowing gold cards scattered throughout the area and blue/purple holographic platforms appeared above the Duelists. The stage for the final battle was set. The spectaculars kept back and watched as the four cried out one word at once: