Chapter 31: ARC-V - PART 17

"What the hell was THAT?!" Manjome and Asuka turned to see Kenzan and Tèa staring at them, totally dumbstruck.

"Relax guys, it's not what you think." Asuka said with a chuckle.

"She's right. We didn't hook up or anything. Asuka was just..." Manjome was interrupted when all four Duelists were instantly encircled by lots of soldiers composed of the Obelisk Force and Sector Security. They all laughed evilly while arming their Duel Disks.

"Oh crap. Guess the sappy stuff is over." Manjome commented grimly.

"You think?!" Tèa asked with sarcasm. The four then activated their Disks once more and began to stand their ground. The Fusion Team knew they were vastly outnumbered and they had not recovered from their recent Duels. Things didn't look good at all.

Just before any more Duels could commence, another large group showed up out of the blue. Unlike the united Academia army facing them down, these new guys seemed to be protecting the Manjome and the others with him. The Obelisk Force and Sector Security soldiers were speechless by their sudden appearance.

"What the hell?!" Kenzan cried out in surprise. One of the new Duelists, a girl in a blue uniform, turned to him and smiled.

"Relax! We're on your side!" She told him and his teammates, to their utter surprise... especially Asuka.

"Those uniforms! Aren't all of you from... Academia?!" She asked, sounding so confused. A boy in a yellow uniform answered her.

"Not anymore! Commander-In-Chief Edo Phoenix convinced us we've been on the wrong side and now... we're your backup!" Asuka couldn't believe what she heard. 'Other Academia students rebelled against Leo Akaba?! Including Edo Phoenix?! How is this possible?!' It didn't matter how it happened. The fact was that these guys came to help, and she couldn't feel anymore grateful.

"Well, that is really good to know!" Tèa said, grateful for the backup.

"Same here. The more, the better." Manjome added.

"I don't know how this happened, but I'm sure as hell glad it did!" Kenzan said as he, his teammates, and their new allies prepared for battle.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

"I don't even know where here is, much less how I got here. Where are we?" Kiryu asked again, sounding just as confused.

"Yeah well, that's a long story." Ruka said.

"What happened to you guys anyway? We saw you got trapped in some kind of weird energy dome, like us." Crow asked.

"We fought against an old friend." Aki said, still feeling resentment toward Divine for what he tried to do.

"Man, Yusei will definitely be surprised to see you here." Rua said, surprising Kiryu further.

"Yusei is here too?! Just what is...?!" Kiryu didn't finish his question. Suddenly, without warning, dozens upon dozens of Obelisk Force and Sector Security forces appeared and surrounded the group. "What the hell?! Who are you people?! What's happening?!" Kiryu demanded. The enemy Duelists all laughed as they armed their Duel Disks. Crow said what everyone else was thinking.

"We... are so screwed." Just as the group thought they were done for, more people suddenly appeared in front of them. Only, instead of the Synchro Team, the new Duelists in colored uniforms stood facing Academia's forces. "What the?!" Crow exclaimed.

"Now what? Who are they?" Kiryu asked, his confusion growing even more.

"What is the meaning of this?" Asked one of the Obelisk soldiers angrily. A Duelist in red smirked at him.