Chapter 1 - Welcome to Twisted Wonderland

DARK

That was the first thought that formed in Sora's mind as he came to. He was surrounded by nothing but darkness in an enclosed space. His head was throbbing as if he was thrown out of the gummi ship mid-flight. You know, now that he thought about it, he remembers something about a weird horse carriage... In the middle of the ocean between no less!

He held a hand to his head hoping it would stop the throbbing. Using his other arm to map out the space around him he called out, "Is anyone there??!! Hellloooooo??!!"

He was met with silence. He figured he was in some sort of box that muffled his voice as he called out again. Still nothing. Atleast the throbbing was subsiding now.

He pressed his ear to one of the walls hoping he could hear something from the outside. As he moved and pressed on the wall, he felt that his clothes had changed. They were longer and draped over him like a robe.

"My clothes must have changed again. That means this must be a unique world or something. I wonder where Donald and Goofy are..."

He decided he didn't want to wait any longer and started hitting one of the wider walls by swinging his arms at it, ramming into it with all his strength. He hoped it would collapse or open so he could escape and figure out what had happened. To his luck, the wall opened as he started another swing, causing him to ram into nothing but air and fall to the ground with a sudden THUD.

Great, he was in more pain on the floor now. At least he was out of the box prior. He looked behind him to see that he was... IN A COFFIN? WHY IN THE WORLDS WAS HE IN A COFFIN???!

He quickly scrambled to his feet to take in his surroundings. A mysterious air filled the room as he looked around. Floating coffins lined the walls dancing around a mirror that stood in the center. The lighting wasn't the best but he could easily make out every intricate detail of the mirror. It was rounded with a golden sheen of armor forming the frame. The most unsettling part however, was that there was no reflection whatsoever.

Sora hesitantly approached the mirror, peering into it as if he was looking into another dimension. It looked as though he could reach his hand through the perfectly spotless, nonexistent glass. The space inside it moved with Sora like a painting that's always watching you. The emptiness from the mirror guided Sora's thoughts to not fear, but intrigue.

Sora reached out for the mirror. "Uh, is anyone there? What am I even doing, talking to a mirror-"

"What does thy seek." Suddenly, a mask with a face appeared, floating in the void of the mirror.

"HUH?!" Sora jumped back. The mirror just spoke, and it had a face too!

"WHOAAA!! This is so cool!" His eyes sparkled with curiosity as he leaned in for a closer look.

"Hi, i'm Sora. Are you the mirror? Are you trapped inside? You're just a floating head." He moved left and right, watching the mask follow his movements.

"Oh, and where am I?"

"Too many inquiries. State one request." The mirror replied in a flat tone.

"Huh? Ah okay well, where am I?"

"This is Night Raven College. How peculiar you've arrived months late into this semester! Yes, very peculiar. What did you say your name was again?"

Yet again Sora jumped back, this time towards the mirror as he turned to face the man who had just appeared out of nowhere. The man wore a bird mask reminiscent of a raven. A feathered coat draped over his shoulders and he had an odd accessory that looked like three mirrors on his belt, three more keys hanging from them. The color scheme was blue and black all over with some accents of red. Sharp talon-like claws extended off of his gloves and, top it off, he donned a top hat on his head with a similar mirror accessory.