Chapter 6 - A Lions Fuel

"My home is a place called Destiny Islands." Sora spoke with love in his voice.

He thought back to the start of his journey, thinking about the raft and that fateful night. When darkness engulfed his world and he was flung into the unknown, losing his friends in the process. Of course, they would be reunited eventually, but he didn't know that at the time.

"I grew up there with Riku and Kairi, although Kairi wasn't originally from that world..." He furrowed his eyebrows, realizing they never learned where she had originally come from. "But that's not important! Anyways, they're my two best friends, and we've been through a lot together." He smiled. "One day our world was destroyed by darkness and we got separated. I ended up in a different world called Traverse Town and that's where I met some other close friends, Donald and Goofy."

"Wait, you've traveled between worlds before?!" Yuu spoke up as their eyes lit up. Maybe Sora really could get them home!!

"Uh well... yeah." Sora rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Maybe he shouldn't have shared that.

"You have to tell me how you did it! Maybe you can help me get back home too!" Yuu jumped up and leaned over the table, invading Sora's personal space and eagerly waiting for him to agree. This was their chance!!

Sora nearly fell back at their actions and caught himself by holding onto the table. "Uh... well..."

"Dude, he's not even finished with his story." Ace said. "I'm gonna assume he was gonna get to that part anyways." Ace pulled Yuu back to their chair and looked at Sora demandingly. "Right Sora?"

Sora just nervously looked wide eyed around the table. "I uh... was getting there.." He was hesitant to continue but it didn't seem he had any other choice. He looked down and started to fiddle with his hands as he spoke.

"Donald and Goofy had this Gummi Ship which we traveled to other worlds on." He looked back up towards Ace and Deuce and took a deep breath. He thought about his journey in Wonderland and felt more relaxed.

"The first world we visited was Wonderland! I uh... hmm." He tilted his head thinking of how to describe it. "It's exactly like your dorm, except the whole world is like it! And-" He paused.

Riddle had spoken all about the Queen of Hearts to him yesterday. Every detail was on point to what he remembered. The person he had encountered back then was the exact same person Riddle looked up to! But... if Wonderland was a different world from this one then could they world travel too? How did they know about it? Ack! Too many questions!

"Sora, are you okay?" Yuu reached out to him and poked his cheek. He didn't flinch, but instead leaned his head back dramatically and nodded.

"Sorry, I was just thinking... A-anyways It's kinda weird because when I visited your dorm yesterday I had almost forgotten about it. Even though Wonderland is an unforgettable world." His eyes sparkled as he thought about how enchanting it was.

"That is odd. Maybe you got travel sickness like some students do when they arrive by carriage?" Deuce commented.

"Or maybe he has amnesia?" Jack wondered.

Sora slowly put his hand on his heart again. His memories were one of the things he'd treasured most (besides his friends of course), so why was it suddenly so easy for him to forget?

I mean, I guess he had forgotten before... but that wasn't his fault! Though he still doesn't understand what happened to him before he woke up in Twilight Town. Riku and The King never really explained it to him, and Naminé didn't say much either. All he knew was that he still needed to thank her.