Chapter 4 - You have Been Pardoned

"Thank you all for quieting down so quickly. I would like to say this day has been quite lovely so far and everything is going well. I welcome all of you to Heartslabyul's weekly Unbirthday Party. As housewarden, I am very pleased to say that today has been a very organized day with very minimal rule breaking."

Sora looked up to see who was speaking. It was a young looking boy with red hair, some parts stuck up making the shape of a heart at the center of his head. He wore a gown like uniform a step above all the others and held himself pretty high. To top it all off, he had a tiny crown to the side of his head.

Sora couldn't take his eyes off the boy as something nagged at him the moment he laid eyes on him. He just couldn't place his finger on it.

The boy cleared his throat after a brief pause and continued.
"I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day in a rule-abiding manner, and wish you all a Very Merry Unbirthday Party."

He smiled to everyone before sitting down. He was happy. He only had to collar about three... Er four students today for not wearing appropriate headdresses this morning. Okay, maybe he was being a little harsh. I mean they had just woken up. Then again, it was their fault for waking up late. Well deserved then.

Either way, Riddle was having a good day and he was DETERMINED to not let that be ruined. Ever since his overblot he promised Yuu that he'd be more lenient. No, he didn't like that word. He'd be less strict about the rules and more understanding. Today was going perfectly and he would see to it for the rest of the party and to the end of the day.

With a bright smile on his face, Riddle sat down and poured himself some tea before it got cold. He looked at Trey for approval of cutting a slice of his favorite, a strawberry tarté, before seeing the kid who sat next to his vice houswarden.

'He's certainly different... New. A friend of Yuu's perhaps? His hair is rather spikey and that outfit... Definitely needs some advice there.' Riddle looked at Sora quizzically, thinking to himself and not noticing Trey giving a concerned look back.

"Hello? Twisted Wonderland to Riddle?" Trey waved his hand in front of the Housewardens face hoping to grab his attention.

Riddle blinked and lightly shook his head before replying. "Yes Trey? Please try not to make this a big deal."

"Ah, sorry you just weren't responding for a second there heh. Are you okay?" Trey questioned.

"I'm alright thank you."

Riddle looked to Sora who was staring back at him in a very odd manner. When Sora saw Riddle look his way he instantly looked down at his teacup and began fiddling with it, hoping to lose the attention.

'He looks just like... He's just like... Ugh why can't I put my finger on it. Everyone else reminds me of cards and I got that but why does my brain feel so fuzzy all of a sudden? Like i'm forgetting something important. Ugh why does this have to happen now? This is so awkward...' Sora was searching his mind, desperately trying to figure out what was nagging at his heart when he looked at Riddle. He had figured it out earlier, so why did it elude him now??

"And who is this?" Riddle tilted his head towards Sora.

"Ah, this is Sora. He's actually Yuu's new dormmate. Crazy right? Sorry I couldn't tell you sooner, I just met him." Trey apologized to his housewarden for not giving him details on the unexpected guest.

Sora turned his head to greet the housewarden, finally looking at him again. This time he smiled and let out an awkward laugh.

"Sorry, it's nice to meet you. You're the housewarden right? Like Yuu. You're also their friend right? Thanks for letting me attend your party."