Dance girls

We are in mommy's van. We are driving to Abby's so Paige and Brooke can go to dance and I can show the moms and the girls my bruise.

My head was pounding while we are driving in the car. Every time mommy made a sudden stop my head jerked around everywhere.

We pulled into the parking lot and Paige got me out of the car. She carry me to Abby's studio where Abby is there with gifts and teddy bears to greet me at the door.

" my best little dancer Kayla how are you feeling?" Abby asked

" I feel okay right now" I shrug

" that's good my little rebellious Kayla hyland cant dance for me this week."

" sorry Miss Abby"

" it's OK honey follow me into the studio and we will talk about what we are going to do today. You can still listen but you will not be performing at this weeks competition but you can certainly come and watch if you feel up to it"

I'm following Abby into the studio.

" Like you all know Kayla fell while she's trying to work on stuff and you guys also know that we had no competition this past week. Because of that you guys will all be having a solo minus Kayla because of her injury . You guys are going to cooperate with me why am trying to choreograph all of these dance pieces. All the outfits are going to be done and your mom will need to pick them up whenever she has a free chance and we will be having a duet"

I listen intently.

I zone out a bit. I don't really care about the stuff that Abby is saying today because I won't be performing anyways.

" this duet is going to be with Brooke and Kenzie. Our 3rd yojngest in our oldest. They can do some really cool Partner tricks that I have in mind that might blow the judges away. Partner backhand springs and backflips also going into just playing round offs or aerial stretches".

They look at each other and smile.

" Kayla we do have one part for you though. Our dance number is about a high school cheer squad. Kayla you are going to be in the background shaking some pom-poms. Pretty simple and understandable really. You're going to get some baby pink pom-poms and you're just going to stand there the entire number and shake them. No necessary need to practice just sit in the back corner and shake those pretty pink pom-poms".

I nod and smile feeling good that I'm still being included in what Abby is putting together.

" no pyramid this week because all you guys did was work on form and I have seen that is getting a lot better."

I go up to the place that all the moms are. They all asked me bunches of questions about my injury and I just explain them pretty simply holly nias mom and Christie Chloe's mom hand me some presents.

" I remember with me doing my back layout and falling and then waking up in the hospital with the light shining in my face". I exclaimed.

They all nod while k  explain my story and then they tell me to open my presents.

Holly got me a teddy bear and some airhead extremes candy. Christie got me some Leotards and tights and she got me some airheads and sour patch kids. I thank them very much and hug them all except Melissa because she didn't get me anything. I don't hug Kathy either because she's Vivian's mom and I'm not fond of her.

I sit on mommy's lap and watch them  all perform. I really like the group number and I get the shake Pom-poms  in the back which makes it that much more better for me.