Lets prep for state

"Girls that was a great performance out there. Kenzie will be out today due to her ankle. And good job Kayla for pulling off as Kenzie. You will be going to state as her. That group performance was awesome. You guys pulled it off well. And all your solos really impressed me. And good job Paige for proving yourself and showing that your are a hardworking and dedicated dancer and put your heart towards dance. That was such a great performance I got teary eyed watching. It was a beautiful peice and I know you worked hard. Nia you proved your a great young dancer and if you set your mind towards what you want then you can do great things. Brooke you did so good. Your acro moves are on point and you focused on your toes a bit more which made a difference you also smiled. That made a huge impact. Chloe that was great form you could've proved yourself and put yourself out there a bit better but overall I am very proud of how you showed yourself onstage. Maddie you forgot I could tell. But you put yourself out there and improvd a lot of the cherography . Not many young dancers can do that. That was really impressive although I knew you could've remembered and it hurts my heart a bit to see you forget cause you have never forgotten a dance. But I am always proud of you because you focused on it and made sure you didn't freeze or pause. I am so incredibly proud of all your hard work and dedication and so excited what state brings for you all. Enough blabbering for me let's get on with our sessions. We have 2 weeks to prepare for state which means no competition this week. Just cherography and costumes and making sure that you have the dance fresh in your mind and ready to preform onstage at state" 

I smile because I get to be makenzie for state and prove that I can be just as good as Kenzie.

I smile and start stretching. I crack my back multiple times. It cracks and cracks till it cant crack anymore. I stand up.

"Okay now for choreography this piece is very scary and kind of hard to put together. The song is called train wreck. it is by James Aurther. So the moral of the choreography is about a young girl getting pulled out of a hard time in her life. So no nobody is get run over a train. That is clear to everyone right?"

We all nod aggressively.

"Okay so now do a pirouette then fall Maddie and grab your head. Hold it tight act like you have the worst headache in the entire world".

She does  and it turns out perfect. Absloutly beautiful.

"Then kayla leap across the stage do a big leap then fall just dead off fall".

I practice and I fall.

Miss Abby claps and claps about how beautiful that leap was. I smile really big. It was a perfectly straight leap.

"Then chloe come and grab Kaylas hand like she just died or is struggling and is barley holding onto life anymore. Grab her hand and grasp it tight"

She does so and we learn a bit more of the cherography.

Lastly we all get down into a very cool end pose where I am in the middle laying ontop of all their palms smiling. At the start of the dance I am crying with mascara down my face and I look so broken and hurt. Then I run backstage and let the girls dance around and I take out my messy braid and puff it out to a curl. Then I wipe of the mascara and add a new layer and I apply some lipstick. I have approxmently 1:45 seconds to do all this.

I then go up to where the moms are sitting and I tell them about my part. They smile and then I grab a pack of goldfish and start munching. Then Abby calls me down to work on my solo.

"your peice is called wildest dreams. It is about a love story so I would really like you to pull off this peice well. You are going to look stunning on stage with a really gorgoues outfit and some very pretty makeup. I have a makeup look and the costume pulled up on my phone and I will send this makeup look to your mom so she can study it and make it look good on you"

She taps at her phone for a few seconds and then she shows me the pictures of the costume and take makeup.

...

...

This was stunning and I was obsessed with the way the eyeshadow matched with the outfit just perfect.

"What color lipstick or gloss do we need"

"Get a nude shade of pink. More of a tan color. It will match anything and I am not making me youngest dancer wear white lipstick nor will I let my oldest even"

I nod and we get started on the cherography

"Jump tiwst tensca down up then grab then spin the front arieal then sashay left sashay right foot up twist 1, 2, 3 and down then done then prop then foot out then fan kick down".

I do the moves just so and abby claps. Here I come state.