I FORGOT

I rehearse my dance at Abby's and then just like that it is time for state.

We get on the bus with the air conditioner cranked up because it was going to be a warm day. Middle of May  and it was burning hot .

I am coloring in my little mermaid booklet and Paige tapped my shoulder.

"I think I'm going to forget my solo" she says.

"Just try and if you forget improv".

She nods tears filling her eyes.

I hug her making sure that she feels comforted. Even if I am 3 I am going to try to make Paige happy.

The bus pulls up and we grab our suitcases. State is Tommorow afternoon so Abby is taking us to the beach tonight.

I am sorta excited but not really. Instead of having fun on the beach we are going to be doing dance and acro moves.

We go into the hotel and Kenzie comes to our room. We have matching bikinis yet mine is purple and hers is pink. We change and lather some sunscreen onto our bodies. Mommy grabs the stick of sunscreen and applies it to me and Kenzies face.

Mommy is dressed up in a nice black dress with silver dangly earrings. Her and the other moms are going out to eat while we are at the beach.

I am happy for the moms. They get some alone time to really communicate with each other and try to get along.

A horn sounds and we see Miss Abby's can that she rented.

It's a huge 9 seater. Me and Kenzie make sure to sit right next to each other and we share a pack of colorful goldfish.

"Are you excited girls" miss Abby yells

"Yes" we all say loud and proud.

We get to the beach and we all jump out of the car.

We run to water and miss Abby tells us yo practice our one handed handstands.

I groan softly hoping that miss Abby can't hear. I want to enjoy the beach with my friends. Not being doing some dumb handstands.

We practice a bit and then miss Abby says she has a game.

"So line up side by side but give each other space kenzie scoot over. Do a handstand then see who can hold it the longest".

We roll our eyes but agree and we go up.

I hold my breath trying to to let the salty sea water let itself into my closed mouth.

I hear a splash so I know somebody is out.

After about a minute I don't know if I can make it much longer. My mouth can't stay shut anymore and I don't want to accidentally drink the salty water and get sick. My legs wobble and wiggle but I manage to get them back up into a perfect handstand.

I burst up from the water seeing that I am the last one holding the handstand.

I just won. I beat Maddie. Me my little 3 year old body beat the queen Maddie Ziegler.

The girls lift me up and cheer me on but I hear Maddie pouting just a little bit.

We do some lifts and have a decent time then it's time to go to the hotel.

We wrap ourselves in towels and Abby takes us to an ice cream shop near the beach.

"Get whatcha want girls" she exclaims.

"Can I have mint chocolate chip with some sprinkles and whipped cream please".

The polite lady hands me my ice cream and I thank her.