Chapter two

My mind was playing tricks on me. I couldn't be a wolf. I wasn't event able to process what was going on. How could I have transformed into this?

I couldn't even move correctly. I tried standing on all fours, but it felt weird.

I was having another panic attack, and being a hound wasn't helping with it. I didn't know what to do. What was there to do? What could I have done? How could I go back?

"Just breathe. You'll get over it."

I heard a voice talk. When I turned around I saw a girl, maybe around my age, looking at me. She looked calm, even though she also looked small.

How was she not scared by the obviously overgrown wolf right in front of her?

"Didn't you listen to me? Take deep breaths. You're losing it."

Since she didn't seem to be going anywhere, I decided to do as told. I took long deep breaths until I was calm enough to reason. When I did calm down, she approached me.

"There. Better?" She asked.

I tried nodding in response. I ended up moving my whole body up and down in the process.

She giggled. "Slow and steady. Now, try and concentrate on every part of your body. Every hair, every muscle, every bone, and try to command it into going back to a human."

"How?!" I tried to say, but only a weird whimper came out of my snout.

"Just calm down, keep breathing, and concentrate on your body. Feel everything in you." She somehow understood me and kept ordering me around.

I tried, and tried, and tried. After a couple of minutes of pain, I was able to get back into being a human.

"Thanks." I told her once I had stood up on two legs again.

Then I realized I was naked. I looked around for my clothes but my jeans and shoes were torn apart. My shirt was the only thing I saw still in one piece. I took it and I did a makeshift underwear with my shirt, hoping it would cover at least most of my private parts. Then I realized this total stranger saw me naked. But when I turned to look at her she seemed unaffected.

"Are you done?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

"Um, yeah." I answered, a bit overwhelmed about everything that had just happened.

"Look, this here isn't owned by any pack, but I sort of own it, the forest at least, and I would highly appreciate it if you left my home." She told me in a serious tone, no doubt trying to intimidate me. But I didn't care about that. What did she meant by packs?

"Packs? Look, with all due respect, this place is owned by my mom. All this territory is hers, which gives me the power to take you out of here if I wanted." I told her, trying not to leave any room for argument.

"Really? I thought you were lost and that's why you had a panic attack just now. If that wasn't it since this is your mommy's place, why were you scared?" She asked, unaffected by my previous warning behavior, and seemingly curious.

"Because I woke up like- that!" I answered dumbfounded.

"Like what? Your wolf?"

"I don't know how that happened." I answered her.

She started laughing and looking at me as if I was crazy. "Well, let me be the first one to inform you, my new rogue friend, you are a werewolf."

"What's a werewolf?" I asked.