Chapter six

The next day, I was woken up by a familiar scent. "Pride and threat", I thought to myself. In other words, Autumn.

I could hear she was going up the stairs before she reached my room.

"Hey, glad you're up. Look, um, we need to talk." She told me as she walked toward my bed.

"What's up?" I said, my voice still husky from sleep.

"The Amber Sunset pack members left. They told me to tell you to go to their pack. The alpha wants to talk to you." She told me.

"Since when do you work for packs?" I told her jokingly with a smirk on my face.

"Shut up. I'm trying to help you out. Plus, I'm telling you to go because I trust the pack. That's my former pack, and let's say I was important there, so they'll know not to mess with you or I'll kick their asses." She responded.

Just as I was about to thank her, a thought came into my mind. Why was she being so good to me?

"Autumn. I want to thank you, but, I was meaning to ask, why are you helping me so much? I mean, I'm just a newbie. Why help someone like me so much?" I asked her with my curiosity saying the words more than my own mouth.

Her expressions saddened as she looked to the ground before she looked at my eyes.

"You really want to know?..." She said turning her tone quieter and lowering her head.

"If it's not too much to ask." I answered, turning a bit nervous since it looked like the answer saddened her.

"You're looking for your parents. The possibility of them being out there exist. Meanwhile, I'm looking for the assholes that killed mine so I can avenge my parents. I'm merely helping you because I know that if we find them, at least I can see someone that still has that love. I want to remember how it feels to have a family." She cleared her eyes which started getting watery. "It's a small memory what's left in my mind, I'm trying to treasure it." She finished and gave me a sad smile.

I felt bad for her, I felt sad because of the way she had opened up to me. I didn't even know what to say.

"I'm sorry for that. I owe you a lot. In return of you helping me find my parents, I'll help you avenge yours. You have my word." I told her.

She cleared her eyes and sniffed her nose.

"Thank you, but that won't be necessary. Let's just focus on you for a moment, okay? But thanks for the offer." She said still sniffing her nose and with a sad smile over her lips.

-

I found myself leaving my house the next day with Harry and Autumn in look of my parents. I said my goodbyes and I love you's to mom and Rachel and left.

We went to Iris' home on the way there so I could say goodbye to her as well. When we got there, she was waiting for me in the living room. Her parents had left for work earlier in the morning, far before she woke up. She was still wearing pajamas, a cute one if I may add, with the picture of a kitten sleeping and matching pants, but she was wearing her casual black leather boots. I smiled at the image of typical Iris.

I explained to her what I was going to do, and that I needed her to cover for me while I was gone, but she wasn't up for it.

"I want to go with you. I could be of help. You never know." She tried to debate.

"Thanks, but this is something a bit dangerous. I don't want you to get hurt. Plus, I don't think you could hold on to my fur while I'm running." I told her with a teasing smile over my lips, to which she responded by narrowing her eyes at me.