Chapter five

"You're what?" She asked me. She looked scared and confused. I didn't know what to tell her to calm her down. What was I supposed to do to calm her down?

"I'll tell you all about it when we get to my house, alright?" I said.

She didn't say anything. She just stared at me from her seat with a confused look on her face. It made me and my wolf feel rejected, even if she hadn't rejected us... yet.

-

We didn't talk until we reached my house. Once there, we saw Prof. Jefferson and Autumn on the doorstep, apparently waiting for us.
We got off the car and walked to them. I reached out to hold her hand, and at first she seemed to want to snap it back, but she didn't. I was at least grateful she wasn't rejecting me.
That settled my wolf a bit more.

"Can you tell me what the heck happened back there?" I asked Autumn.

"They were looking for you. They're from Amber Sunset Pack. Apparently they know about you. They were able to trace your alpha scent here." She said, then she looked at my Professor.

"We were able to speak with them after you took Iris to safety. They told us something we'd like to share with you and your family, and Iris as well." He said and looked at Iris as he mentioned her.

Rachel opened the door with an annoyed look in her face. When she saw all the people standing outside the door she composed herself a bit.

"Aiden... Is everything okay?" She asked.

"I'll explain." I told her. I let Iris get inside first, then Autumn. After them I got inside, and then the professor entered.

Iris, Rachel and mom sat in the sofa. I took the chair from the kitchen and sat next to them. The professor and Autumn were standing in front of us.

"Maybe it's best if we start explaining what happened today, Harry?" Autumn told the professor.

"The three young men you saw, they were looking for you, Aiden. They said they knew who you really are, and that they've been looking for you for some time now." Said Harry, my professor.

"I have a question I was meaning to ask you two." Iris said referring to Jefferson, and Autumn. "How did you transform into wolves?"

"Oh that, well- um, it's simple really. We're werewolves." Autumn answered.

Iris raised her eyebrow with a confused look on her face. Iris moved her eyes in my direction, not changing her expression.

"And you, Aiden? Are you on of them too." She asked me.

"Yeah, but only recently." I answered her.

"You can transform into a wolf?" She asked. I thought she was going to reject us, since she looked at me confused. But then, a smile covered her face. "How does it feel like when you transform? And how do you do it?" She suddenly asked with an excited look on her face.

I finally smiled for once after what felt like an eternity. She wasn't rejecting me, she was curious about me, and she seemed to like it.

"It feels a bit weird at first, but I got used to it quickly. I just concentrate hard and my wolf listens to my commands." I told her. She looked at me amazed, and I couldn't be happier.

"Well Rachel, love. Let's leave these two lovebirds alone. Harry, Autumn. Do you guys like cocoa? We have some." Mom suddenly said. She had a teasing look on her face, while Rachel had a smug look on hers.

After they all left the living room, leaving me and Iris alone, I decided to tell her the truth of our relationship. I sat next to her in the sofa, and we were relatively close.

"Iris. There's something I must tell you and explain to you." I told her.

"Okay." She said in a careful tone.

"I've liked you since I first saw you, and I was thankful that we got to be good friends in middle school. But once in high school, something changed. I started falling for you. I was planning to tell you about it in the party, but that was the night I first transformed. Then I met Autumn, and she explained many things about werewolves, including something called mates. When I saw you today at school, my wolf howled inside of me, and it's because you and I, we're mates." I said. She opened her eyes wide at what I had said.

"As in soul mates? How do you know?" She was blushing, and she looked so cute.

"Us werewolves have one person selected by destiny, if you wanna call it that, and we fall in love at first sight since our wolf appears. And you and I, we were meant to be together." I said and I could feel my cheeks warm, no doubt from a blush.

"So, just to make it official. Would you be my girlfriend Iris?" I asked her. My palms were sweating and my heart was beating quickly.

She moved closer to me until our faces were just inches away. I could feel her breath fanning my face. A nice mint scent came out her mouth with each breath. Both of us looked deeply into each other's eyes.

"Yes." She whispered.

I closed the distance between us and brushed my lips against hers. It felt so right and oh so good. It was a gentle kiss only. The two of us were simply enjoying how good it felt to be together.

-

I took her to her house when Autumn and Harry both assured me it was safe to let her go to her home. But when we got there, I still heard moans and thumps. Thankfully as we got closer, it sounded as if they were finishing.

"Your mom and dad are probably sleeping. You should just go to sleep for now, okay?" I told her.

"I know why you took me to the restaurant Aiden. I knew they were "sleeping" together. That's why I accepted your invitation to the restaurant. I noticed it three hours ago, and I noticed it now. Don't worry, I think they're done already." She just said it casually as if we were talking about one of my games.

"I'm actually impressed by your father. But that's all I'll say about it." We both chuckled.

"I guess this is goodbye." She said with a disappointed tone.

"No. This is an I'll see you later. Just because we're together now doesn't mean our friendship will become dry." I told her with an honest smile.

"Alright then. See you." She said.

I pulled her closer and kissed her slowly, gently, yet passionately.

After the kiss, she entered her house. When she closed the door I left. Even if I was already missing her, I was happy.

I was lucky to have her as a mate.